News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

any ideas will help

Started by lowery, 2008-08-02 15:44

Previous topic - Next topic

lowery

I screwed up and lost my keys to my 57. Well to make a long story short I pulled and replaced the ign. switch,it needed it any way. I now spare keys.
I forgot all about my gas cap which is the locking type,no key. Had I not looked at the fuel gage and saw it needed fuel then the brain switch clicked, the dumbass light came on, otherwise I would have driven off. Anyone have any ideas about how to remove the locked cap short of calling a lock smith out to the house?
I am open to suggestions.

smurfee

How about driving the car to the lock smith - it would be a lot cheaper ?  :icon_bigsmurf: :unitedstates: :006:
NEVER LOOK BACK

larryb346

Not sure about your car , but many have a rubber hose connecting the  fuel neck to the tank. If it has that remove the fuel neck and you can work the spring loaded fuel cap locks out of the way from the inside of the fuel neck.

lowery

thanks guys for the input I may try and see if I can get to the rubber hose and get it to where I can get some more gas into the tank and get it to the locksmith.

Lou

Most dealers I know have a tool for removing locked gas caps, might be worth a $5.00 tip to the used car manager.