News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero out of nowhere

Started by Swank, 2020-05-26 15:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Swank

Spotted this one hanging around here in Lafayette. Had somewhere to be, so didnt get a chance to stop, but looked real nice from the road.  Anybody know of someone with a minty Ranchero in Louisiana?
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

RICH MUISE

The chrome/stainless eyebrows are very unusual. A few years ago, I went to a car show at the Abbey in Canon City, Colorado. Les from Colorado Springs was there with his 300 sedan (same color combo as the Ranchero in the pic), as was a Ranchero that color combo with shiny eyebrows. Les knows the guy, it was for sale at the time. The next year I saw the Ranchero at the Goodguys in Fort Worth.The owner was not around to talk to, so I'm not positive it was the same one, or the same one that's in the pic, but what are the odds?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

I only know of two around here, I haven't seen one of them but I met the owner. He lives around Hammond, I doubt if thats his car but you never know. I guy I know does upholstery here in BR has talked about a high end build a while back but he remembered it as a '59. The guy had oil money somewhere in SW, LA...
Lynn

Swank

I've seen a 62-63 Ranchero around here, but the 57 took me off guard.   Havent seen another 57 of any sort in this town.  Even at the Bayou Roundup, only me and a Custom 300 up from the big N.O.   Someone has a late 30s early 40s Ford I've passed a few times, but no 57s before.  Wish I could have stopped.  It was down at T-Coons, so they know the local flavors.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)