News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The 300

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2016-10-27 08:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

Well..been wiring as much as possible and about 90% done
I have signals left and the brake switch.
To be totally honest and Frank.... This Covid Bull**** is taking a toll...... work is completely different.... harder to get, lost my stepfather in this mess,some of my friends have lost their family members..... Very strange and difficult times.

But.. gotta keep moving forward.

Want to thank a superior fantastic member..Bill(Ford Blue Blood)
Bill really helped me a -T O N- through the wiring .....answered my very novice and idiotic questions... he is a very fine gentleman.
(Yes Bill, the fire dept is STILL standing by......)

Anyhow... getting the will or inspiration in the last 2 months has been very difficult.
The shifter is all together and working fine......Had to resort to the Hurst unit, after a lesson in frustration with a stock Ford Shifter..........
but thats another story along the riverbank.

Later.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

CobraJoe

Looking good!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Bill's the man! He helped me tons when I wired mine. Great job Jeff, and I see you're using IMGUR as well.
Jeff, that heavy cable on top of the engine goes to the battery.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

I am going to cheat with my wiring...bought one that says where it goes every 6 inches..."wiring for dummies" I call it...and I...well...yea...I bought it! LOL!!!

Looks really nice...I am jealous!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

To bad about the factory Ford shifter didn't work out for you. I had the same one in a 68 Ranchero where I learned as a 17 year old how to abuse a 4 speed transmission and 8 inch differential. The Hurst comp plus is superior, just doesn't have the same eye appeal as the Ford unit.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

I still have my original ford shifter...plan on using it. Hopefully no issues. Do need the "T" handle and cable though.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

62galxe

Looks good. Same engine setup I'm going for. Still trying to find some valecovers.

mustang6984

Quote from: 62galxe on 2020-11-19 20:25
Looks good. Same engine setup I'm going for. Still trying to find some valecovers.

I am most assuredly NOT making any promises here...but when I get back to Port Angeles, I will look...think I have a pair. What engine are you looking for them? I believe mine are 312...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Lynn

gasman826

lalessi1

Gary, Gee THANKS! Now there is something else I have to have...lol. I have a question: That handle is cool but there doesn't seem to be a "Ford type" knob with the correct shift pattern. The Scott Drake knobs have reverse in the wrong place? Is that the pattern for the original Ford shifters?
Lynn

Jeff Norwell

Yes Gary ,.. thank you...but I am satisfied where I am at this point.Must move on and carry on.

Jeff Norwell

Very small Update.......
-all wiring completed-
-doors aligned very well and fitment done, inner latches work well and shut/open very nicely.
-spare hood and small pieces back from the paint shop.... hopefully... car will be in the bodyshop within a 2-4 week period.
-interior fabric and parts needed have been ordered.. waiting...
-heading to exhaust shop in the next week.

Covid is still a big issue.. in another lockdown here... very frustrating.

thanks

RICH MUISE

Sorry to hear about the continued lockdown up there. We will get thru this thing.
Dash looks absolutely perfect, as does the hood. It's going to be an awesome ride, Jeff. Thanks for keeping us updated.
That looks like a hell of a club plaque collection you've got and your shop is looking great from what we can see, especially now that you've had some time to add some decor.hint hint Your talents are never ending!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

that is going to be so nice Jeff ! loving the many details like the delete everything plates, and the dealer install heater looks sweet. loving your accessory gauges and tach ( have EXACTLY the same halfsweap 8k SUN in my 34)...and the paint...is 8 miles deep ! :003:
wow can't wait to see it all in paint !

Stay safe !