News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

cAR BATTERY

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2017-10-26 15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

besides taken the battery in to get checked,  is there a way to check it at home for dead cells or what ever,    since i ground out the cyl and burnt the electronic mod,  and since have had fixed,  the battery seems to lose charge,  not knowing if its the battery or possibly a short,  any ideas?,  thanks   jerry

59meteor

Is it a sealed top, or does it have removeable caps. If you can remove the caps, you can test each cell with a battery hydrometer.If you dont have a tester, they are pretty cheap and easy to find at auto parts stores.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

RICH MUISE

I'll let the electric whizes here chime in on this, but it seems to me you need to check the circuits with a meter for an unwanted draw.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe