News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Skyliner Cartoon

Started by Fonz, 2015-03-14 04:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Fonz

Found this caricature and thought I should share. Just like one my daddy used to own. The Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz Ford TV commercial brought back childhood memories. Still love Lucy and that Skyliner! :004:

Ford Fairlane

Ecode70D

Fonz
   I see that this is your first post.   Welcome to the site You are about to meet a whole world of real serious, friendly and helpful 57 Ford people here.
   That's a cool old advertisement for the 57 Ford  Skyliner.  Thanks for sharing it with us.   Jay

lalessi1

Welcome to the site fonz and thanks for the awesome commercial footage!!!
Lynn

hotroddonnie

Welcome. Great drawing, makes me think it was done by a girl, or is that known? I have two daughters and DADDY on the plate is their touch. Thanks HRD

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Fonz

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Love the 1957 styling, and the sportiness of the first year Ranchero. That short wheelbase really helped IMO.

I think that site said Marc Cranswick, so I am assuming the artist is a guy. Or a girl under an alias, lol. :003:

Zapato

Luci and Ricky promoting a Skyliner hard to imgine anything much better. Thank you for sharing and welcome.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Fonz

Don't know if I'm the only one to notice this concerning the 1957 Fords? There was a lot of attention given to the flame surfacing done by BMW's Chris Bangle in the 2000s. However, I believe the first mass produced body profile sheetmetal contouring was done on the 1957 Fords.  :004: