News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

getting sidetracked once again................

Started by Zapato, 2012-01-08 15:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

I'm almost 100% positive that my 57 will have the recently acquired 58 Edsel dash in it. Then was reading the trunk weatherstrip thread and went to the street rodder web page to check out the Burdoff 57. Truly one of the sweetest 57s around. Then drifted over to the Gibbons 58 t-bird and WHAMO!  Mama Mia do I love that dash.

Have to ask. Am I the only guy on this planet that would even consider putting  a 58 bird dash in a 57 custom ?  Going to have to check and see if one can be tracked down for measurements. It appears to wrap around the dogleg just like our 57s. Wonder if its been done before ?

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

geraldchainsaw

hay Zap,   i can't find the 57,  or the 58 bird

Zapato

chainsaw,

1) go to     www.streetrodderweb.com

2) in search box write 1957 ford then hit search

3} 3rd one down is the one you're after, it has the whole article and the trunk picture is one of the last.

And then I went back to the page with all the 57s and noticed the 58 t-bird, and now nothing is the same in Zapatoville.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Zapato on 2012-01-08 15:45
Have to ask. Am I the only guy on this planet that would even consider putting  a 58 bird dash in a 57 custom ?  Going to have to check and see if one can be tracked down for measurements. It appears to wrap around the dogleg just like our 57s. Wonder if its been done before ?Zap- :unitedstates:

Nope...I am using a 62 Bird wheel and column and seats, looked real hard at the 62 dash but have decided to stay "older school" with Moon Eyes gauges
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Gerald...I don't think Zap's directions will get you there.it didn't work for me...try clicking on the street rodder website listed above, but then click on the "street rods" button. when that opens up, you'll see a list of years on the right, click on 1957, and Burdorff's will be about the ninth one down. It is bronze and champagne.I also love the black ranchwagon there.
clicking on 1958 will get you to where the Gibbons scarebird is.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

geraldchainsaw

i found it,    i can't c much diff in dashs