If you accidently made a scratch on a friends car would you tell him?

Started by Custom300Madman, 2012-02-08 02:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom300Madman

I over reacted last night thinking that a neighbor may have intentionally "keyed" my car. I had lent a set of jack stands to a neighbor and it's possible that one may have scratched the car, or the key in his pocket.  I don't think he would be the type of person to do it, but I'll never know what happened with the gash, maybe it was an accident. Either way it sure upset me when I saw it. Some things are best kept quiet, and this is one of them.
1957 Ford Custom 300 Fourdoor, with factory 312 yblock

Alex L.

I think we need an interlock system on this forum.

Custom300Madman

@ Alex I tried to delete the original post which only moderators are allowed to do that. So I revised it, and your response really made me laugh. Sounds like you know a little TOO much about that device there buddy! Regarding the car, its not a hole through the metal, or a freshly painted car so I think she'll live to see another day. :001:
1957 Ford Custom 300 Fourdoor, with factory 312 yblock

Wirenut

I got a kick out of your post. Most of us are the same "shoot first ask questions later"  Sorry about the car and the scratch..
I had a function here at the house when my son got married and I parked my 69 mustang  as far away from the activities and covered it so no possible contact. Later that evening I walked on that side of the property to check on things and meandered through the various tables to visit and decided to check on the car, I found some kids playing hide and seek and running across the top of the car trying to catch each other. I was pissed. I got over it,  had some of  the dents fixed. The good thing that came out of that is, the brats that were on the car(which I never cared for anyway) are no longer allowed here!!! Nor their parents!!
It could always be worse.

Lou

gasman826

Quote from: Lou on 2012-02-09 00:35
Depends on how big my friend was.
I couple of years ago, I installed outdoor security cameras in front and rear of the house and shop.  You would be amazed with the volumn of activity that goes on even when you are home.

Alex L.

I have to say, those original posts were awesome. I got a real kick out of reading those. I can understand the reaction, particularly after having a few.

And no, I myself have never ended up with a DUI, thank god. Not due to my good behavior but really due to luck. I do know some folks who have ended up in that situation though. None the less, I think a lot of electronic devices would be well served by having an interlock system.

JimNolan

IF you accidently made a scratch on a friends car would you tell him? Absolutely. I'd tell him Keith's neighbor did it. Jim  PS  I like the first post. Didn't understand it but it was funny trying to read. LMAO
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.