News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

question for Texas members

Started by RICH MUISE, 2014-05-26 09:24

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Are there any speed shops in the North Texas/Ok area other than Sachese and Paar?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

TexasFordGuy

There are several great shops in Houston (dukesspeedmasters.com and baconsspeedshop.com) have both helped me on some of my projects.

Dukes built/installed the suspension on my F100 as well as helped to make two cabs into one.

Bacon's just won the Discovery Chanel's #BikerLive Texas last night. Blake has great skills and was taught by Gene Winfield to do metal work.

1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

RICH MUISE

I should have been clearer in my description of what I was looking for. I'm looking for local parts distributors (like Socal or Summit). I should have realized my Sachese reference was misleading because they are a builder/hot rod shop that also has a retail parts store. Thanks for the Houston references though..good to know if I ever get down that way.
Kinda getting off topic, but speaking of Houston area places...do you know anything about a used car dealer in Stafford called Texas Direct Auto? Found them online looking for a daily driver replacement...I kept seeing ads with a Texas Flag in the showroom, so finally went to their online store and it was like "Wow, is this place for real?" 50 acre site including a 400,000 sq foot ex auto manufacturing plant. here's a link to one car I've been looking at...about 1/4 the way down is a video of their operation.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400715107507?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-05-29 06:26"Wow, is this place for real?"

Truly everything is bigger and better in Texas !

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

VwDrvFnd

Rich, I know several people that have dealt with Texas Direct Auto, with good results. I will also include with that you get what you pay for and pictures don't always do a vehicle it's justice!
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

RICH MUISE

Yep...buying a used car has got to be the number one "Buyer Beware" area. Strange...Stafford is 640 miles from Amarillo, yet after posting that query about Texas Direct Auto, when I left the house this morning I pulled up at a stop light and was looking at a neat looking car in the lane next to me, then noticed it had a Texas Direct license frame on it!

Zapato

Not to derail this thread, but since it hopefully will get all you Lone Star guys at least reading it here's another question. Friend of mine is looking for a 1935 Texas license plate. Highly possible he's moving there and figures to start that search sooner than later.
Feel free to send me a note and I'll forward it to him.

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Jeff Norwell

Zap,Call Bob Owens of Owens Salvage.He is listed in our directory,
well,you know who he is.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

suede57ford

Jackies Speed Shop is still in Lubbock off west 19th st.  He still carries Holley parts and lots of used speed parts.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

I had been there about 7 years ago..had forgot about it. I'll be going thru Lubbock in 2 weeks and will check it out again. Thanks Pat.....and give me a call sometime when you're in Amarillo...I still have some stuff for you.

Zap..I'll keep my eyes open for that '35 plate. They should be an easy find, swap meets here always have vendors with plates.

TexasFordGuy

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-05-29 12:54
Not to derail this thread, but since it hopefully will get all you Lone Star guys at least reading it here's another question. Friend of mine is looking for a 1935 Texas license plate. Highly possible he's moving there and figures to start that search sooner than later.
Feel free to send me a note and I'll forward it to him.

I have bought 2 set (55 Farm Truck  and 57 Car) from this guy http://www.txlicenseplates.com/ I had no issues registering either.  He guarantees his plates which is important.
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

TexasFordGuy

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-05-29 06:26
Kinda getting off topic, but speaking of Houston area places...do you know anything about a used car dealer in Stafford called Texas Direct Auto? Found them online looking for a daily driver replacement...I kept seeing ads with a Texas Flag in the showroom, so finally went to their online store and it was like "Wow, is this place for real?" 50 acre site including a 400,000 sq foot ex auto manufacturing plant. here's a link to one car I've been looking at...about 1/4 the way down is a video of their operation.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400715107507?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Satfford is the town between Sugar Land (where i live) and Houston, and Texas Direct Auto is a huge place that has a decent reputation  4.3 out of 5, 304 Google reviews better then a lot of new car dealer around here.
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

RICH MUISE

thanks for the input. They kinda got my attention when I saw a 100% positive feedback on ebay.