News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A few pictures of my 57 Gasser....its been a while!

Started by hotroddonnie, 2014-08-05 21:09

Previous topic - Next topic

hotroddonnie

Just a few pictures, I've had it out at a couple local shows, had a couple of issues, needed to up grade the starter, do the math for the speedo gear, and a small leak other then that I think I'm good!

hotroddonnie

I know Rich, but its late and I don't have the patience to figure out how to post more then one at a time! even though you've told me how....I will soon learn. HRD

hotroddonnie

The Falcon in the back ground belongs to my brother!

hotroddonnie

Another!

hotroddonnie

Another !

rmk57

Tell me more about your starter. I ordered a PMGR starter off e-bay for a 460 auto, got it, installed it and it's not getting more than 3/16 engagement.
Put my 45 year old one back in and it starts good when cold but gets heat soaked.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Nicely done pics, Donnie. I really like the shot in front of the barn.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

Quote from: rmk57 on 2014-08-05 22:23
Tell me more about your starter. I ordered a PMGR starter off e-bay for a 460 auto, got it, installed it and it's not getting more than 3/16 engagement.
Put my 45 year old one back in and it starts good when cold but gets heat soaked.
I was getting hot start so I bought a new one made by Tuff Stuff, and it almost flips over onto its roof, even after its hot. $230 Canadian, I'm sure its cheaper in the States and maybe shopping around. HRD

gasman826

Quote from: rmk57 on 2014-08-05 22:23
Had this starter on my 460 with 13:1 pistons and battery in the trunk.  I had no problems.  If I had let the clutch out, could have driven down the road.  Comes with shim kit.  Now it is on 557.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pwm-9405?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKEAjwpIefBRCuir7wy-f1kCwSJADXBi2aD_blibkwtND3B3uoEGlF8l4jl14iGVDYcOLO2uIiUBoCdD7w_wcB

rmk57

I've always thought that style of starter wouldn't have enough support without the cone for the pinion.
Must be a pretty stout piece, I may look into one.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

GaryI72

Good looking car. Small leaks can drive you crazy. Hopefully, it's not in a bad place to get to.

hotroddonnie

Quote from: GaryI72 on 2014-08-06 09:03
Good looking car. Small leaks can drive you crazy. Hopefully, it's not in a bad place to get to.
Transmission line, all good Gary.

Ecode70D

Donnie
     Your car always looks great.  Do you drive it much on the street, or  is it strictly for shows?
      Jay

hotroddonnie

Hi Jay. I've been driving the car more and more every week, not as much as I should, the summer hasn't been the best weather wise. Driven to a couple local shows we had are main show last weekend, won a couple of trophies. HRD

djfordmanjack

looks, terrific. the paint just glows in the sun !