News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rebuilding my engine.

Started by hotroddonnie, 2014-12-14 15:55

Previous topic - Next topic

hotroddonnie

Pulled my engine a month ago and its in getting a total rebuild. 501 stroker kit, tunnel ram, duel carbs and all the other things needed. I should have 540/570 HP, will I use it.....probably not, but it should be fun to drive! HRD

lalessi1

Lynn

hotroddonnie

Yes 429/460 I should have stated that, but you got it!

rmk57

Im in the middle of the same build. Scat crank, rods, Edelbrock heads, solid cam.

Just waiting on the cam and lifters now.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hotroddonnie

Quote from: rmk57 on 2014-12-14 16:58
Im in the middle of the same build. Scat crank, rods, Edelbrock heads, solid cam.

Just waiting on the cam and lifters now.

Sounds like we are building the same engine, I'm using the Edelbrock aluminum heads as well. The engine builder I'm using is Don Palmer very well known over here for building ford race engines and he told me with what were doing will give me 540/570 HP.

hotroddonnie

I also need to change my torque convertor and beef up my transmission which goes in next week.

lalessi1

I am collecting parts for an FE 462. So far I have Edelbrock heads, Blue Thunder manifold, Solid lifter Comp Cam, 428 block. Always liked the fact that FEs came in the chassis "originally" even if Ford missed a year. "No substitute for cubic inches" guy. I would love to have an FE aluminum block. Donnie, looking forward to "watching" your build.
Lynn

rmk57

For that much horse power I'd be looking for at least 31-spline axles, Nodular case and the bigger pinion support, especially if your using a dot slick.
Sounds like a fun build, I'm looking forward to mine, maybe done in around April at the rate I move at.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

BP57CUSTOM

Donnie
I was getting real excited thinking about a 570hp  Y-Block!
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

hotroddonnie

I will post pictures of the engine build. The car is finished.

gasman826

My first 460 build was focused on torque.  460 + .030 = 466 cubic inches with 13:1CR forged pistons and Motorsports 429CJ heads.  Producted 505HP and 605FT on the engine dyno.  Great street manners with tons of torque.  Super fun to drive.

New motor has the 557 stroker kit with the same Motorsports 429CJ heads max ported to produce 750HP and 750FT.

lalessi1

One word. Awesome! (Am I'm showing my age?)
Lynn

hotroddonnie

Wow! that's crazy HP Gasman! It'll be a blast to drive!   

Ecode70D

Donnie and Gasman
     With that much HP, both of you will certainly be able to get your ice cream home during the summer before it starts to melt. 
     Best wishes  Jay

Jeff Norwell

HRD.You are in great hands with Don Palmer building your engine.Around these parts he is the #1 Ford man.
Are you gonna let me drive it?
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com