News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wiper blades

Started by RICH MUISE, 2021-10-05 14:44

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Earlier this year someone commented.."why doesn't anybody make wiper blades that last?"..............I responded that I had just bought some from Classic auto parts in OKC. Well, one of those blades is falling apart (the actual rubber blade)already! Those replaced the original Trico blades I put on the car and lasted 5 years, and I fortunately just ran across the said old packaging a few months ago. Trico 33-122 for 12" blades.
Found them on ebay 30.40 with free shipping for a pair. Hope these are the same quality as they were, but I don't think these new ones are stainless. I'll try to remember to do a follow-up next year.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

None of the wipers I have on my other cars last more then 3 years, it's a conspiracy to get your money, they don't want them to last. I have a set of the Trico classics that keep under the seat just in case I need them. The blades that were on the Ranchero when I bought it eight years ago are still good, and god only knows how long before that they were installed. I don't know what brand they are? You can see them here in one of my blurry pictures from my last trip.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Guys, I just recently had to replace a wiper blade on my 1956 VW survivor. original small size SWF blade, that has been out of production for at least 40 years now. so it has lasted that long. todays bubble gum ? I may have mentioned that before, but I replaced the rubber parts on my Mustang II frontend last October ( with rather high priced  'pro' parts). I had to re- replace them this August, because last years replacements were already cracked after 10 months, 200 miles driven, car always garaged......no more words.....

anyways back to the wiper problems. when I do not use my cars for extended time, I put clothes pegs on the wiper arms, to keep the actual rubber blades unloaded and off the glass. it really helps in keeping the rubber in shape and prolongs lifetime.

hiball3985

Yes, anything made from rubber today is crap. I replaced the tie rod ends on my truck and the boots were junk after a year.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I've said it before........I wish Rubbermaid would get into auto parts. LOL, their stuff may not actually be rubber anymore, but they know how to make stuff to last.
When I replaced my ball joints last year because of disintegrated boots, I found some that were made in India (Concourse?). So far, they're looking good. India always had good quality rubber.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Tupperwear also.......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II