News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

holley sniper 2

Started by 58villager, 2024-04-26 15:57

Previous topic - Next topic

58villager

hey,all just finishing up project on 64 galaxie. installed sniper 2 , hei style dist.just wondering if any one on here has any experience with the sniper 2 systems? seems to be slow to "self learn". i don;t have much computer tech experience.so i really don't know what to expect!!
58 edsel villager big block (300 6cyl )58 edsel bermuda resto. project,78 ford king cobra 5.0/4speed

Ford Blue blood

None with the sniper system but even the factory systems need 50 start/run/stop cycles to "finish" the learning curve.  Seams time is not the issue but rather cycles.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lalessi1

I have a Sniper Stealth 4150 and a Terminator X computer. It uses the same handheld screen. I don't know about the Sniper 2 but it supposed to be improved over the Sniper. I have a laptop so I have started to learn about these systems (no expert for sure). I know the only learning the system does is to correct the A/F ratio. You enter an idle, cruise, and full throttle AF and the system adjusts the time the injectors stay open and develops an A/F map. It remembers the corrections but it doesn't apply them until you command it. I found that my car drove well with the start-up program by the Wizard function. I found there were some very large correction factors uncovering a developing fuel delivery issue (filter started clogging up). My system also includes timing control as well. The system can be tuned completely but it is not necessary unless you are having specific problems. What engine is your Sniper 2 on?
Lynn