News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Your not alone  :003: it rained here Friday and Saturday, and Tuesday and part of yesterday :005: It hasn't rained this much in years..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Well this may be a good thing for your region, really, Jim ! It has been very dry over here. weather is in the 50s, but quite some wind chill. maybe getting in the 60s next week, so could be a good time to get out do some TLC and work around the cars...   :001:

hiball3985

They have declared the drought is over for most of the state now, and a lot of it is flooding already and the snow hasn't even started to melt which will make it worst. My area isn't effected so I got out and worked on my truck yesterday and will do more today  :001:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Glad to know you are not affected by the bad weather so much Jim.
Was able to spend a wonderful Sunday afternoon today in 60 degrees, bib and shirt, washing cleaning, adding oil, wiping tires and polishing some stainless and chrome !
I love polishing chrome on a lazy Sunday afternoon. It is about the most brainless, useless work you can think of, but there isn't hardly anything more relaxing (for me personally), than spend an hour or two on a single piece of old Ford trim.... Obviously I am a lucky man. There are dozens of Sunday afternoon polishing hours worth left on that big ole tank....:003:

RICH MUISE

Looking good DJ. I had a relaxing weekend also........put 200 miles on the '57 going nowhere in particular, just rides away from the city in ranch country. We got a day or two of badly needed rain this past week.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

The weekend before Easter we had our first local car cruise. A friend of mine caught me, just having too much fun....
Honestly, the 57 is one of my all time favorite cars. I love the seating position, the view out the wraparound windshield, the hood gunsight and fender tips, the huge wagon cargo space behind you, the way it steers, rolls, shifts, sounds...I just love the 57 !!!

Jeff Norwell

Look at that face!.mile and Miles of Smiles G!..... outstanding!!!!!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Now there's a happy camper! The wagon is looking great.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Lynn

hiball3985

Outstanding, glad you got it out and had fun. I've only driven around town locally, no road trips yet this year.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

HOW does one have "too much fun"?
Good to see you were able to get out and do some cruisin'!  :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

Looking good, G!  Glad you were able to take her out for a cruise.
Terry

djfordmanjack

Thanx, everybody !
Well, maybe not TOO much fun, but plenty.... :003:
The 57 wasn't the only car I brought that day. The place is very close- just a few miles. so I made it a habit to show up every 30 minutes in another car, cruise the lot, wave my friends hello and good bye, and repeat...and repeat...andrepeat....hahaha. It was all good fun for laughs and a running gag all evening long. Sometimes it's good to be just acting stupid like a kid. It makes life more pleasant!

mustang6984

No reason to act like an adult until forced to do so.   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane