News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Nice ride! I know how you feel about just sitting and looking at them.
Brake Swaps / Re: MBM brakes kit
Last post by Ford Blue blood - Today at 07:58
Sorry, can't comment on that kit or outfit.  Never heard of them and no experience with them.

For the best results, ease of installation and availability of replacement parts look carefully at the components the kit is made of.  The easy part is the bracket.  The rest is how well it all works from start to finish.  My personal experience has been research, research and more research.  Having said that, cost is relative, cheap stuff don't mean it is bad, costly don't mean good either.  It is my experience that you get what you pay for with respect to tech assist, parts and of course fit and finish. 
No.  There should be a bracket on the maze called "throttle linkage" and one of the moving parts....sorry, just don't remember how it is all hooked up.  There should be some "guidance" available.....
Thanks! And for a moment there, the thought crossed my mind (Great, I broke it.)

Ha ha! Anyway, I'm out in Harrisburg, NC - a suburb of Charlotte.

As for the car, all I can say is there are days when I will just pull up a chair and sit in the garage to admire it.

Thanks again for adding me!

- Patrick
Members Rides / Re: New Member - A little help...
Last post by RICH MUISE - Yesterday at 19:58
Welcome to the forum, Pat! Heck, we were down for 2 days, you probably thought you broke it, lol.
Beautiful car you got yourself.....congrats! What part of the world are you from?
Last post by FordFanPat - Yesterday at 17:46
Many thanks for the info! Wanted to narrow down the type of 500 it is. Looked at some period brochures and couldn't tell by that alone.
Last post by cokefirst - Yesterday at 14:59
The chrome headlight eyebrows are not a Ford option.  This part is sometimes removed and chromed for those that want the custom look.  The Club Victoria is a 2 door hardtop, the Town Victoria is a 4 door Sedan.
Wanted / Re: Wanted 1957 or later Y blo...
Last post by mustang6984 - 2024-05-21 00:48
I still have mine, but think it is going to be replaced. Different system going on, throttle-body F/I so I think a distributor swap is probably in my future. Give me a couple of days. Full day tomorrow already.
Mine is a 312.
My first was a 58 Custom 300 with 272 and three speed.  I traded my Triumph motorcycle for it.  I had originally paid $75 for the bike.
Gas was initially 22c a gallon in our little Texas town and had gone up to
28c.  Gas was higher in Louisiana and I remember having to pay 33c a gallon when we were running bootleg through Louisiana and I swore I would never pay that much again.  Then came gas rationing during the seventies, so much for swearing.   :002: 
Wanted / Re: Scare bird brake kit
Last post by ragtop - 2024-05-20 21:37
be careful I got a kit from them never got a good pedal stock brakes were better than the kit later found out the brackets moved when you put the brakes on never got them to lock up I put stock back on and put kit in dumpster not sheer it was the new guys or old it may have ben when the sale happened but wood not stand behind the kit