News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

460 swap/ lower rad hose

Started by rmk57, 2011-06-06 11:21

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Just wondering what lower radiator hose was used with this swap. I'm using the stock rad and early water pump which exits at about the 3 o'clock position. There isn't
a lot of wiggle room because I'm using a 19" fan. Thanks Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

johns2000

Randy

I have a custom rad in mine so it wouldn't be the same but it too was very close. I went to AutoZone I think and asked what was there shortest wire reinforced hose so it wouldn't kink with the tight bend. Hope this helps!!

rmk57

I may have to end up buying a couple and cut them to make one using a piece of tubing in the middle. 
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ford Blue blood

Bend a coat hanger or welding rod to the shape you need, get the dimension of the radiator fitting and the pump fitting and head to the parts store.  Takes time, don't worry about the spring, find a hose that fits or can be trimmed to fit, if it don't have a spring get a hose that does an put it in the hose you will be using.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rmk57

I ended up cutting a hose in half and inserting a piece of exhaust tubing and twist to get the right angle then use 4 hose clamps. it will do for now. A mechanic at my work
suggested cutting and welding a header tube and use 2 short pieces of hose at each end, Kenworth, Mack,etc, have been doing it that way for years so I may go that route.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429