News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My Choptop Ranchero

Started by fomocochoptop, 2007-01-26 22:04

Previous topic - Next topic

fomocochoptop

I Know alot of guys on this in this Forum are all to sticking to original.  But there are of couple of guys that like the custom's
Have had my ranchero for around six year.  Around a year ago i started tearing her down. This is a Phot of her around before the tear down.

57AGIN

Absolutely nothing wrong with a custom job.  We had them then, we can have them again.

Bob
57AGIN

57 Ford Kustom

That  Lincoln bumper is different. Not many different front bumpers being used. Have a pair of Edsel fronts was going to use but looked to big. Have seen a 57? DeSodoa used before.also there are pictures of Shopratwoody's parents car with 55 Pont. posted on this site as it was in the early 60's. I wanted to try a 55-56 Plymouth grille seen a picture somewhere but stayed with my old tube grille or the cut down 59 Ford.
   Nice looking ride are you going to change anything on the body or just refreshen it?

T:walk:M  :uniterstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

fomocochoptop

Thinking of grafring on lower half of 1958 edsel pacer fender to my  57 fender. Edsel has a noticeable flare to it.

cool57

Quote from: fomocochoptop on 2007-01-26 22:04
I Know alot of guys on this in this Forum are all to sticking to original.  But there are of couple of guys that like the custom's
Have had my ranchero for around six year.  Around a year ago i started tearing her down. This is a Phot of her around before the tear down.

Sharp! What year Lincoln bumper? What are your plans for the windshield for the chop?

RAWms

I would like to see the step by step picts of the chop.   Like where the cut is made, the glass issues, garnish rails etc.  r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

fomocochoptop

1954 and 1955 lincoln Front bumper.  I Lost most of the Photos i took when my Labtop crashed and burned I will Look to see if i can find some on a disk.  The  way the chop wa done the glass would only need to be trimed on the lower corners i think the sandblast it .   Lee @ Allen Auto Glass in Burbank is going to Cut all my glass. all th interior Garnish  Moldings are cut  and exterio Windshield and back glass stainless is ready to go Cut and Polished.

fomocochoptop

Sorry, Forgot to add  the photos.

RAWms

Man, if fitting doors and stuff for a original car is fun I can only imagine what it must be like after chopping.  I sure hope you have those pictures on a backup disc or...   

When I was in high school, circa 1960, there was a brown chopped ranch wagon owned by Lee Brite(sp?)  here in San Diego.  I'm told it still exists in El Cajon.  That image never left me and it was so bitchin!  I actually thought about it for my current Ranchero but chickened out; Mainly at 6'4" it is already tight for me.  '57 Fords though are one of the perfect bodys and have the "look" to chop.  Great job and keep us current on the project.

r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

fomocochoptop

This is a photo of  the Late Dick linderman from Hesperia, CA Ranchero A True Custom.  His Dream Car That was never finished.  chopped By Dick Dean. he was i really nice guy that shared his ideas of what a true 50's should be.  I Wish i had the chance to Finish his car the way wanted it.  I've Flip Through many Pages of Hot Rod Magazines and old Custom Car magazines.  All I can do Is try To stay era Correct and Style My car where it all Flows. 

fomocochoptop

Sorry, Forgot the photo

57 Ford Kustom

Roger :006:
      Being 6'4" tall and not having a chopped car is not a valid excuse. I have had a 50 Menc chopped 5', 50 Ford chopped 41/2" ,33 Ford pu chopped 6" channeled 9" that was a little too much sat on floor and shifter was bent over so I could shift :dumbass: and last a 36 Ford pu chopped about 4" and I am 6"3" :003:.
      Also when you chop a top the door frames have to be redone so can make a better fit.

T:walk:M  :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

That's a fact on the door fit Tom. I chopped a 56 Ford 1/2 ton a few yrs back and I made thoe doors much
better that orig. My chopped 57 Ranchero fit way better that stock. Didn't have the top edge going downhill
any more.

Later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!