News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Gone, but not forgotten.....

Started by JPotter57, 2006-12-10 18:49

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I had to sell mine, but I'll never forget it.  I plan to get a Country Sedan for the wife.  It will have to be a bit more sedate than my Custom, as far as power, whell/tires, and definitely color.  She wants red and white, with red and white interior.  It should be powered by an EFI 5.0 with AOD for those long trips.  She wants OEM dog dish caps with silvertowns...We'll have to wait and see on that, I'm pushing for BFG TAs with Torque Thrusts, lol....

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

I've had mine for 33 years. Bought and sold many but always kept this one. GrandPa bought this one new.
They can bury me in this one  :headbang:
Ron :deadhorse:
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Here is my first and second and both got away.  The Ranchero won't.  Great idea for a thread. :blob7:  r

And like fine wine this handsome :101: young fellow continued to improve  :grandpaSimpson::
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

57AGIN

Guys:

I never had a photo of my original 57 Custom 300 Tudor.  It was painted a 58 Caddie Lake Placid Blue metallic, slightly jacked up in the front (via new A/C station wagon springs), 272 V-8 w/4bbl, 3-speed manual w/Hurst & a set of traction bars.  It looked fast, but really wasn't.  

My current 57, is basically everything I wanted to do to my first 57, but just couldn't afford.  I don't have very many pictures that will fit onto the attachment, most are well over 128KB, I'll try doing some adjustments so I can share.

Bob
57AGIN

custom300fe

Well I'll try and post the picture of my first 57. We didn't have a camera that used color film at the time.

This was taken in November 1963. 272 2v automatic.

Custom 300 2dr
390 + 30
Edelbrock Heads
Ported Street Dominator, 750 DP
Crites 2" Long tube Headers
C-6
3:55 Trac-Loc

shopratwoody

I  cruised this one while the other was in race trim
I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

My parents 57 era 1960

Ron  :icon_jook:
I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

Front view (56 Ford Truck headlight rings)

Ron  :114:
I hate blocksanding!

57 Ford Kustom

Hi here is a picture of my first car purchased 7/02/60 if this turns out will post picture of 2 nd 57 ford :BangHead:

T 8)M :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

57 Ford Kustom

This is a picture of my 2nd 57 Ford purchased in 1978 [now my sons car]      

T 8)M  :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

Tom,
I'm glad you got the pictures posted. I wasn't able to get in your album on the other deal. Very nice Rides.
Did you see the headlight article at jalopyjournal.com (HAMB PG 500.) If I decide to due my headlights, I maybe
asking you about your tailights also. :glasses10:
Ron :felix:
I hate blocksanding!

nick

this was at my dads after we finished painting it