News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A Pic of the wagon

Started by dgasman, 2006-12-19 15:54

Previous topic - Next topic

dgasman

Oh to live in sunny California . Out working on the car and its 68 degree's. Cant ask for more than that . Time to go back out .
Happy Holidays to All
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

57AGIN

Nice wagon, definitely looking good.  Is it a Ranch Wagon or Del Rio?  What power plant/transmission, etc.  My folks had a yellow & white 57 Ranch Wagon when I was growing up.  I used to throw newspapers from the tail gate it rained.  It really stimulated my desire to get me a 57 when I was old enough.  Since I'm still a surfer, I really wish I could add a Ranch Wagon to my toys.  Maybe someday in the near future.

Bob
57AGIN

RAWms

Nice stable of rides!  I think that is Willow green which has always been a favorite.   r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

dgasman

The wagon is a Del Rio . It has a 5.0 injected motor with the AOD . The color is called Springtime Green it was a mid year option . The wagon was originally colonial white but I like two tones.
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

shopratwoody

dgasman,
I also had one of those in the 60's when my kids were little. Ours was pale green and white, narrow whites, chrome
reverse wheels with 60 caps. I think ours had the gold trim etc... :icon_bigsmurf:
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

dgasman

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!
I finished the fuel system last night and lit her off this morning . OH the sound of open headers. Now she runs without having a 5 gallon gas can on the floor. :fruit: :boobies2:
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

shopratwoody

That's a nice engine combo you installed in there. All that excess space is beautiful. I've always had big motors in
this one, but my chopped one was a 289 which I liked a lot.Looks good.  :icon_cyclops:
Ron  :glasses2:

I hate blocksanding!

briney

Dgasman,

Nice ride!  :icon_cheers: I love the willow green color. Glad to hear you got it running without a gas can. 

What did you do as far as a gas tank on your wagon with regards to the return line for the fuel injection?  :dog8:

Did you make a new tank or somehow modify the old one?

Patrick
Dallas TX
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

dgasman

The tank is one of the re-pop's from Bob Drake. I bought two of the tanks one for each car . the return line runs to the fuel filler neck with a AN fitting that was brazed on and the pump is a external unit. The re-pop tanks have two pick up ports to fit the 3 years span for the tank applications. I am using both pick ups on the tank to feed the pump . I did look into a custom tank but the price for one was to high.
Kent
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

briney

Thanks for the information.

Do you think the motor could get by on one feed? 

I have an original tank and think your idea of modifing the filler is a good idea.  Just trying to save a buck.

What do you think?

Patrick

Dallas TX

dgasman

Patrick,
Yes it would work with the single feed . You would be limited to the performance upgrades done to a stock motor. You should run 3/8 fuel line for the pressure side and the return side . Use a adapter for the port on the tank that will change the line from a 5/16 flare to a 3/8 flare. Eaton makes one with a part # of 7915, its called a trans coolant line adapter . You should be able to get one from you local NAPA store .
Hope this helps
Kent
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

briney

Kent,

You bet that helps.

Thanks so much!

Patrick
Dallas TX  :040:

wolfpupsdad

i've been reading the boards here for some time know and have just become your newest member. heres a pic of my ranchwagon.
hope i'll have something to bring to the party.

Frankenstein57

Nice ride, you have made my shop buliten board.  Mark

wolfpupsdad

gee mark thanks , that a great compliment, glad to see i have a pic somewhere else then at the post office , lol. just kidding