News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My five seven

Started by F570RD, 2006-12-19 18:08

Previous topic - Next topic

F570RD

That I've owned since I was 18.

57AGIN

Now that is a good action shot of a 57.  Is the 1051 on the front window the number the officials assigned your car, or does it read 10.51 for your ET bracket?  What motor, trans, etc.? 

Bob
57Agin

F570RD

The car now has a 545 cube (385 series) engine.After years of punishing FE's.C6 trans. and a 4 link,3.70 gears and 9' tires.Car wieght is 3760.Its gone as quick as 10.35@129mph.

57AGIN

Awesome!  I assume you had to narrow the rear end, move springs, etc.?  What size rear slicks?  Again very nice and powerful 57.

Bob
57AGIN

F570RD

The rear housing is at 50".I have coil over shocks(4 link).29.5x9" slicks on 9" wheels.The best 60' is 1.41 seconds.I'm currently finding room for 29x10 tires.I love the Felix the cat image.Its what I look like in the staging lanes. :felix:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Well I now have the tire,wheel,combo under the car.I didn't enjoy triming the sheet metal lip near the trunk and frame rail but its been a race car for quite some time now.It all would have fit on a 8" wheel but the 10" tire(Hoosier) just looked better and will work better on the 9" wheel.Less crowning.