News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Bill..........Yes that makes sense
HiBall......In addition to stopping a rattle, as near as I can tell, the rubber bumper "holds the strap away from the body", which keeps it from rubbing against the painted body, and rattling
57 Chero.....Your photos capture it correctly. Thanks

Thanks to the Trifecta of responders

I'm thinking of installing a Nut-Sert/Nut Rivet (I hate sheet metal screws!) and asking a friend to make me a couple of screws, along the lines of what Bill described, that will securely retain the rubber bumper, and in turn, support the straps, keeping them away from the body.
If I go that route, I'll get some photos posted of the screws.
Thanks
John
Here is mine, I don't remember How I put them in or if there correct but they serve the purpose.
I don't have the rubber bumper or the screw so I can't help. But I have never heard the hinges rattle. More likely to be noticed in a wagon..
General Discussion / Re: solid lifters
Last post by hiball3985 - Today at 10:55
Quote from: Tom S on Yesterday at 01:18Why not synthetic, Jim? I've been sold on it for decades. Maybe it's not as important down there in Southern Cal but it can get pretty cold here & synthetic flows a lot better than conventional oil does when cold. When it's real cold conventional oil has about the consistency of molasses.
Still, even when hot synthetic doesn't break down as fast as conventional oil.
I've spent years reading all the battles over oils  :003: Different needs for different people and no one oil fits all. I always just tell people run what ever makes you comfortable.
Wanted / Re: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 2 d...
Last post by abe_lugo - Today at 10:55
Looks like it needs some interior work
General Discussion / Re: Morning coffee
Last post by hiball3985 - Today at 10:50
Good for you, have fun. I'm jealous, haven't done a road trip in months :005:
Wanted / Re: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 2 d...
Last post by abe_lugo - Today at 10:50
There is one in Los Angeles.  Nice running driving looking.   The seller seems wishy washy on price.  It seen it list at 11k- then 16k, it seems reasonable near 11k.
Let me find the link. 
General Discussion / Re: Morning coffee
Last post by abe_lugo - Today at 10:48
Be safe out out the Rich.  Have a good roadtrip!
John I had one screw remaining with a part of the rubber bumper still there.  The screw was small, no idea of the actual number, but it had a flat washer style head.  Philips with a washer built in.  Does that make sense?  Kind of like an upholstery fastener.