2009 Car Show Season Starts in Southern California - Knott's Berry Farm 4/19/09

Started by 57AGIN, 2009-04-01 12:14

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Mark your calendars and prep your 57's for the various Ford and other shows & events in 2009.  Hopefully, we?ll see you at one or more shows/events.

The first event of the year is the 24th Annual Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show at Knott's Berry Farm on Sunday, April 19, 2009.  This is a very large exclusively FORD car show.  Please note: Your 57 does not need to be a show car to participate and have a good time.  Project cars, race cars, daily drivers, cruisers,  customs, and restorations are all welcome and provide the public an opportunity to view the cars they grew up with and wish they could own again.  Come on out and join the rest of us 57 Ford owners & 57 Fords International Club members, get ideas for your car, swap leads on new, NOS and used parts, shops that do good work, and expand your network of fellow 57 and other Ford owners in Southern California.  Pass the word on; let your friends and fellow 57 Ford owners know that we will be gathering again, this time at Knott's. 

Other events you may wish to consider are the annual Seal Beach Classic Car Show, which will be held on April 26, 2009 on Main Street in Seal Beach.  There is also a really good car show held every Friday evening on Main Street in Garden Grove.  For you morning early risers, the Donut Derelicts show is held every Saturday morning starting around 5:30 am and lasting until about 8:00 am (Huntington Beach, the corner of Adams & Magnolia).  There is also an every Friday night car show at the famous Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake, CA.   Later in the year the Annual Belmont Shore show is always a great venue to show off your ride.  As is also, the Annual Labor Day Cruise and the Cruise for the Cure both held at the Orange County Fairgrounds in September. 

I don?t believe there will be a 7th Annual Fun Ford Weekend held at the California Speedway in 2009 (this was a great event allowing the show cars to also see how they do on the quarter mile drag strip).  Therefore, this ?Club Event?  will be cancelled.   Maybe we 57 owners can be a presence at one of the NHRA Test & Tunes held at the Auto Club Drag Strip later this year.

Finally, in early December the Annual John Force Holiday Car Show wraps up the year in Yorba Linda, CA.  There are plenty of other car shows/events held out here in Southern California; last year Rick and I attended 20 and 18 shows respectively.  We will try to let you know of these and if you know of some good events let us know of them so we can get the word out.

Bob
57AGIN

robhaerr

I dropped by the Twilight Cruise at the Pomona Fairplex today.

First Wednesday of the month...the best mid-week cruise in the country! And the NHRA museum is right there to look at for free, too.

Hundreds of great cars...

http://www.museum.nhra.com/cruise.asp

Rob

KidKourier

For those of you in the SoCal area check out www.SoCalCarCulture.com for all the cruises/car show listings throughout Southern California by month,plus a large photo gallery listed by types of vehicle and also photos taken at some of these venues to see the types of cars in that area(so kool)! For the rest ,if your coming out to SoCal check the month you'll be here for a local cruise to attend and the photos(new ones every weekend)! A BIG THANK YOU to Dave Lindsay for the site and for going to all these cruises and sharing his photos!  KID

57AGIN

Anyone out there besides Rick and me going to Knott's?  I know that Bill Sawyer (57 Skyliner) and Chick Chicoine (57 Fairlane 500, although this year his 57 is still in rebuild) will be there.  The four of us represent the 57 Fords International club as parking volunteers. We had a pretty good turnout of 57's last year and are hoping for another this year.

Rick and I are also signed up for the Seal Beach show on the following Saturday.  Bob Benter with his 57 E & F Code Fairlane 500 also usually attends this great show by the beach.  Anyone who does come to the show, Rick and I will be parked in front of the Coldstone Creamery ice cream shop at the pier end of Main Street and Bob will probably be parked a little ways up on Main Street near Hennessey's Restaurant.

Bob
57AGIN