News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Purvis, Ms car show

Started by JimNolan, 2009-04-07 19:23

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
    I'm planning on being at the Purvis, Ms car show on the 11th of April. That's this weekend. The show suppose to be the 10th and 11th but I think I'll only go to one day of it. Hope to see some of you there. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

If I can get away I'll see you there Jim.....My lawn is beginning to look like the Amazon, lol...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

James,
   I called Kent Crider ( information guy at Purvis) He said it started at 8am Saturday, Registration between 9am and 10am and awards at 1pm. That's about as much time as I can stand anyway. The all day car shows turn in to an ordeal. I'd sure like seeing you again. I've got the car packed and I'll be heading out about 3am tomorrow morning. Me and Buffy stop at a lot of the rest stops so it'll take us about 14-15 hours to get down there. I decided to go tomorrow because it isn't going to rain. I haven't driven through rain yet to check the window seals for leaks. I'd rather be close to home to check that out. I ruined one carpet that way. Again, hope you can make it. Jim

JPotter57

Had a great time at the show, Jims '57 was one of two there.  The other was a Sunliner in need of a lot of help.  Jim's 57 looks incredible.  Looking forward to you movin closer to the coast, my friend...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

geraldchainsaw

hi Jim,   jerry over near Detroit,   i thought u had taken the car in for a restoration?,  it can't be done already?

JimNolan

Jerry,
    Got back from Ms yesterday. Yes, the car got done. It took 3 1/2 months, that's not too quick. Anyway, road trip was interesting. Had to go back to dual pumper carb I used on other engine. The new 600 period-representitive holley I put on there didn't like my transmission. Straight out tailpipes allowed exhaust film to collect on rear bumper and trunk lid. I'll go to turn down exhaust. Alternator light wants to flicker on and off periodically, New alternator so I don't know what's wrong there. Otherwise I had a great trip. I used no oil, after 2000 miles it's full and its 10w-30 Valvoline. I've never put an engine together yet that did that. Maybe I'm getting a break here and there. I need one.  Ji
   James, glad you could make it. We pretty well ignored everyone around us when you got there. Spent most of the time talking and looking. Afterwards I thought to myself I wish I'd spent more time getting to know your family or at least let you spend more time looking at cars with them, but there'll be other times I'm sure. Thanks for driving up, it made my day.
   Oh yes, Gang, This woman that James is having bear his children is drop dead gorgous, he probably don't deserve her.
   The car show was great, they didn't have a plaque for fartherest distance so they put $25.00 in an envelope and awarded one anyway. That was really great of them. I'll try to go next year too. I never felt so welcome there. Had a bunch of nice cars too. We're still having ice storms when them guys are looking for shade down there. Hopefully that'll be me soon.  Jim