News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ford Nationals 2011

Started by JimNolan, 2011-01-09 17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
   I just signed up for the 2011 Ford Nationals at Carlisle, Pa again. It's not a bad price for such a great show ($40.00 for two people for 4 days ). Last year I went and didn't know who else from the website was there. This year I'd like to know who's going and maybe meet somewhere on the grounds. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

05gt

I entered the show also for this year. I won't have my 57 out there though, just my 05 Mustang. Its cheaper to enter (Paid $35 for entry.....some xmas special) than to go out 2 daysd and walk around. Not looking to win anything, just got a better parking spot and saved some cash!

JimNolan

05GT,
   Boy am I pissed at you guys. Last year we were parked up on the hill. It was tiresome for an old fat guy to walk up and down that hill for two days. And, you guys got to park down where everything was going on. And, I didn't see any of you guys that looked over 19 years old. LOL
   I paid $40 for two people and I guess we are going to park where ever our class is. Probably back up on that hill. Got my motel room rented and I can't wait to go. I liked everything about that show, even the 10,000 Mustangs that took the good parking place. Jim
P.S. The winning thing. When I won my class guess who the most surprised guy was - me. That can't happen again. The stars only align like that once a lifetime.

05gt

Jim,
I know what you mean about the hill. Last year I didn't enter and parked up there to. Went on Friday right before the huge rain storm that came though. That was a blast getting back up the hill and driving though the mud. I've done my best to make sure my car's never seen rain, and that day, she got a real taste of it!!!

Congrats on winning last year. When I was there that afternoon, i ddin't see to many 57's. That was my main reason for wanting to go. My grandfather had his (mine now) 57' out there in 97 and took 3rd place. Actually have the plaque sitting here beside me.  Hope to get mine out there one of these years. Just need something to pull it put there with.

Good luck again this year. I'll have ot try to meet up with you one of the days and take a look at your car!

JimNolan

05GT,
   Make sure you come by and see me, I'm bringing an extra chair. I was coming back from Gettysburg during that rainstorm. It came down in buckets. Jim

Lou

My wife and I go every year, and Meet up with Phil and Joyce Wagner from NY, big 55/56 fans. (Phil has 12 Fords 55 thru 63, all nice unrestored originals) Up until 2009 Phil and Joyce held court in the Holiday Inn bar on Saturday night for the Y-Block and FE gang. It was a really great time. In 2009 Phil called my room, next store, at the Carlise Inn and when my wife answered the phone he asked if she could see if there was a room at are hotel. It seems that their hotel had changed ownership and gone into the toilet. There was a room available and Phil and Joyce changed hotels, but the bar in the Carlise Inn is not really a place than you can chat, so after dinner we sat in the restruant for 2 hours until they closed, (Same last year).

The Ford Nationals has turned into a Mustang show and all the other Fords are being pushed aside. I haven't talked to Phil about it but that coupled with the fact that my COPD has made my walking around a problem I'm not sure I'm going to go this year, the last 18 years have been fun but maybe it's time for a change. On the other hand I loved going thru the flea market, and the displays, plus the PA Dutch Ham and Cheese sandwiches are to die for. Maybe I'll talk to my doctor about getting me a power chair that comes apart and can fit in my car trunk.

JimNolan

Lou,
  I hope you go. I'd like to meet you. We can sit underneath a canopy and share a bottle of oxygen. I've worked hard all my life, smoked all my life and quit caring what anybody else thought about ten years ago. I do wish they would give us the parking spots off the hill though. They ought to be able to relate old cars to old people and old people to impared physical ability.
     I'm also going to the Ford Expo again this year. The last time I went I put my car in the car show, left to go see the guys drag race their 57 Fords and when I got back the only car in the show was mine. The show was over and they'd packed up and left. I'd been awarded 2nd place in my class at the show but no one knew what they'd done with the trophy. I guess they figured if I wasn't there I couldn't have cared very much. They were right. Jim

Jerrys Kars

I'm always at vendor spots R20-R21, between the T-building and the car corral pavilion. Have some mustang parts and 57 parts. Mostly there to hang out and drink beer. Plenty of suds on hand with extra chairs. If you old guys need a place to rest and something to drink, stop by.
Jerry
Cell-540-622-3560