News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Went to the Grand Natl Roadster Show

Started by robhaerr, 2013-01-29 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

Last weekend in Pomona, CA.

Not many 57 Fords were there.

I pulled into the parking lot behind Dennis and his 57 Custom 300 4-door...he says he peaks in on this board as we walked in.

I was only out to take photos of wagons and a few other stand-outs...I also know Mike who owns the surf-themed Country Sedan that was displayed with all the Woodies and other wagons.

I went by myself and saw a few that I knew...but loved just roaming at my leisure.

robhaerr

There was also this 57 Ford "Concept Wagon" with Fairlane fins and other treatments that didn't really do it for me...

robhaerr

I did love this '58 Courier, wish they had the window open to see the interior.

Anyone else go?

Of course, there were many incredible pieces of rolling art but not for this forum.

RICH MUISE

There were tons of pics of the gnrs posted on the hamb..no '57's though. I like both of those wagons alot. A few minor changes to the interior of that blue one so it wasn't so cold feeling, and it would be awesome. I really like the glass treatment on it. A lot of interesting mods pulled off very well I think. Love the color. Note the mod to the cowl air vent.
That '58 is really nice. I'm getting to like the '58's alot more than I use to. I just don't like the side trim though..at least the part of it on the rear quarter. I'd sure like to see one with that front spear just continued on down and back to the rocker in the front..like a '51 ford sorta.
In all the pics I've seen, one thing that surprises me in how thin the spectator croud was.??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

I'm curious about the blue one. I wonder if he grafted Fairlane quarters to a wagon, or a wagon roof and floor/side panels to a Fairlane. Sorry Rob..I really like that one.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

robhaerr

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-01-29 09:02
In all the pics I've seen, one thing that surprises me in how thin the spectator croud was.??

I got there as the gates opened at 10am, so the crowd was just getting there. It got much more crowded when I was leaving at about 1:30.

robhaerr

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-01-29 20:13
I'm curious about the blue one. I wonder if he grafted Fairlane quarters to a wagon, or a wagon roof and floor/side panels to a Fairlane. Sorry Rob..I really like that one.

From the sign that was by the rear of the car, it implies that he grafted Fairlane quarters to a Ranch Wagon. I don't think those quarters have very good proportions. The Custom 300, 'wagons, Rancheros, Couriers have the right proportions for my artistic taste. The fins are sharp and subtle. The Fairlane' fins are just too Batmobile-ish.

I agree about the '58 Courier's trim...I just like the Del Rio thin stainless line with no gold insert. That white looked really good...but I am partial to a "modern two-tone" color scheme as an update with the 50's flair. I wanted to see the interior and the engine room but it was closed up all day.

Tom S

I really like those valve covers on that 390.  Would be even better without the little rectangular cutout thing in the middle, and I could even do without the breather.  Anybody know what they are?

Ford Blue blood

The rectangalar "thingy" is supposed to have a wire loom holder as the stock FE covers have.  Don't care for his wire loom, like them over the top of the covers and trimmed down to perfect length with a nice parrallel run to the distributor.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Tom S

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2013-01-31 13:21
The rectangalar "thingy" is supposed to have a wire loom holder
     Ok, but where could I get those valve covers?

Ford Blue blood

They are "Cobra Jet" style, seen them and similar on a bunch of vendor sites....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Tom S