News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hot Rod Magazine 65th at Pomona Fairplex

Started by robhaerr, 2013-03-24 11:45

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

I went to this event yesterday...nice day...
http://blogs.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod-homecoming/#axzz2OTbPKOwV

I especially love that there was only 1 '57 Ford there. This Ranchero I attached has a 5.0 injected Mustang motor with a AOD. I am diggin' the rareness of our cars.

Actually surprised I didn't see a couple of you guys with your cars there on display!

I left mine in the parking lot. Several bitchen cars in the parking lot, as usual at these Fairplex shows.

57AGIN

robhaerr:

I almost decided to not attend the show I was registered for to attend the Hot Rod event in Pomona.  But, I just couldn't pass up the Huntington Beachcruiser's show on Main Street Huntington Beach just across Pacific Coast Highway (PCH).  I had registered for this show because it featured cars that currently, or in the past, transported surfboards to the beach.  My 57 AGIN qualifies on both accounts.  On the beach side of PCH was where all the woodies, except a couple were parked, with their surfboards on display.  This wasn't a very large show, only about 200 cars, but the weather couldn't have been nicer or the ladies more nice to watch strolling by.  lol

I agree with you on one thing, the scarcity of 57 Fords attending car show events.  You had one at the Hot Rod Reunion, there were actually three 57's at the HBcruiser's show.  Mine and a pair of station wagons, one a Country Squire and the other a Ranch Wagon.  There are well over 100 57 Fords in the Southern California area.  I know this because I've collected names, type of 57, etc. from the shows I've attended since 2004.  A few if the names are likely duplicates of the same car belonging to a different owner, due to sale, gifts to family members or the owner passing on.  When Rick and I go to a show, other than the Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever show, there may be one or at the most two other 57's at the show.  Maybe if you can contact me (562) 716-9601, we could collaborate a bit and pick out some shows we could jointly attend or stratigize on how to get more 57's to join us at shows out here on the "Left Coast."

Bob
57 AGIN

robhaerr

Bob...

Love that Huntington Beach show! I went the first year I had my wagon.

It's hard to keep up when these shows are and when I can actually go. It's usually a last minute decision for me due to other stuff I have going on, too.

Not sure I can make the Knott's show yet. I usually like the local cruise nights 'cause I can just show up.

Rob

57AGIN

Rob:

There is another HB show, it is a 2 day event, held in early June.  It is called the Huntington Beach Concours Show.  Day one (Sat.) is the Hot Rod and Custom Car Show, devoted to the hot rods, muscle cars cruisers, etc.  Day two (Sun.) is more the traditional concours type show with lots of the high end European type cars, Vettes, and high end stockers.  Day one is what Rick and I will go to, the trophy's they give out are accompanied by a bucket of Mother's car products worth about $100.  They usually have a motor type celebrety that does an award, one time it was George Barris.  It is kind of a neat show on the grass in a park near the HB City Library.  It is just about next door to Chip Foose's business.  Rick and I have both trophied at this show and your wagon would show very well at this show.  I've included 2 photos from the past at this event.

The web address is HB Concours d' Elegance

hbconcours.org/

Saturday, June 1st Rod and Custom Show

Saturday Rod and Custom Classes Car Classes

Class 01 1900 ? 1931 Open and Closed Car
Class 02 1932 ? 1938 Open and Closed Car
Class 03 1939 ? 1948 Open and Closed Car
Class 04 1949 ? 1959 Open and Closed Car
Class 05 1960 ? 1967 Open and Closed Car
Class 06 1968 ? 1975 Open and Closed Car
Class 07 1900 ? 1939 Truck
Class 08 1940 ? 1957 Truck
Class 09 1958 ? 1975 Truck
Class 10 Special Interest
Class 11 Lead Sled
Class 12 Woody
Class 13 PT Cruiser

Classes to be Team Judged
Best of Show ?Donut Derelicts?Award, saluting Rick Finn.
1st and 2nd place plus People?s Choice, Best Paint, Best Engine, Best Interior
Classes may be combined and/or modified depending on entries received.

Bob
57 AGIN

gasman826

The 'what's going on where?' thing can be a real challenge.  In the Detroit area, we have Cruis'News.  A monthly magazine with regular cruise nights and annual events calender.  Along with a local magazine and the use of internet search for 'car calender' or 'cruise calender' will get you several calendars to help update your calendar.

http://cruisnews.com/

Ford Blue blood

We have the same problem here, starting in April there is a cruise-in every Saturday night and sometimes two.  There is a car show of one kind or another every weekend within 100 miles.  I got out all my dash plaques, over 500 of them starting in 1982 (our first NSRA Nats) and a lot of that was done while on sea duty with Uncle Sugars Navy.

I now pick and chose which ones, mostly the ones with friends that we are close to.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

robhaerr

I have no excuse, there is a cruise night somewhere nearly every night in Southern California. We do have this site...pretty cool...the event listing, lots of photos from past events...

http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

...and on top of the "events", there's the regular monthly cruise nights listing. Something nearly every night...
http://www.socalcarculture.com/cruise_nights.html

Just have to remember to look at it and have the time to go! I usually look at it the morning of the day I don't have anything else going on with the family or my other hobby that makes car money.

Next Wed April 4 starts the best midweek cruise in the country nearby...the NHRA Twilight Cruise...1st Wed of the month April-December...
http://www.museum.nhra.com/cruise.asp

I have to go on a business trip next week. Maybe in May.

Rob

RICH MUISE

aside from Hemmings, I also use a "cruisers" events calender for North Texas and Oklahoma. I've got the link for it on my other computer, if anybody wants it, let me know and I'll find it.
D/FW swap meet coming up this fri/sat, and the pate swap meet...the biggie...coming up end of April. I missed our only good car show in this area a few weeks ago...was driving back from Phoenix. If anybody has any links for other events calenders for Tx, Ok, NM, Co.Ks..please post 'em>
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

We have a radio show run by a couple of rodders, they have a nice website, a cruise calender, picture gallery, and they show up at many events. Mark

http://www.wisconsinhotrodradio.com/     This is the link, they do list some Illinois shows from time to time. The picture gallery is cool, Ritchie the photographers has a fairlane 500, 57. So he gets some nice shots of my car.

wildhog

JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)