News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Terry.....if you're reading this, I'll call you later today. Got your number from Hugh.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Don't forget to do what Cobra Joe stated in 3868.   It's important.

gasman826

I know you're all big boys here and don't need reminders but my friends shop just burnt to the ground.  No one was physically injured and stuff can be replaced.  But it did make me think about my stuff.  My '41 Ford project is uninsured.  It's a project in very early stages.  But I started adding just the parts and even without labor, the replacement costs are huge.  So I made a call to the insurance company and added the '41 to my policy with just COMP (about $100 per year).  No road coverage but if the place burns and is robbed, the car is insured.  But one little detail about project cars...only the car is insured and the components attached to it.  The engine setting on the engine stand, the new Tremec transmission still in the box is not covered.  Since the '41 project is on the back burner, all the pieces are going in the car just as soon as I can get them there.  Just a thought.

CobraJoe

I believe your homeowners would cover the engine and transmission as long as you have pictures and paperwork along with a police report if they were stolen.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

gasman826

Homeowners insurance may very well cover some or all loss.  Every company is different so these are the questions we need to ask.  My homeowners policy will cover loses to a stated limit.  My policy will not cover the loss of a $50k cammer.  The normal household items like lawn mower, weed trimmer, rakes, shovels are all good.  Special hobby items like golf clubs, guns, coin or stamp collections, jewelry, fishing may require a rider.  Just good questions to ask before a loss.

Ford Blue blood

I have a rider on my home owners that covers the shop and contents.  My classic car insurance (Hagerty) covers the "under construction" stuff.  I feel very comfortable with the coverage, my sister who is a "biggey" with a nation wide company said my coverage was OK.  She did say however that I should look at talking to them about total loss coverage on the house because of the increased cost of materials and labor.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Got a call yesterday from Alan..........one of our New Zealand forum members. He and his wife Julie will be at my house around June 8th. This will be the 3rd (4th?) time they have visited us doing the route 66 thing. Nice folks, will be happy to see them again. They will be starting their 66'ing in LA.
I need to give Hugh a call later........anybody heard from him lately? He talked a while back about doing the rt66 thing with his friend from Arizona, though maybe that's why he hasn't been on the forum..

mustang6984

Sticking my nose in the door tonight. after our chat.
been busy with the apartment bldg., have it listed for sale,, and at the moment it is under contract.
the last few times I came into the forum was a lot of searching and not much finding. Also was not getting notifications when others posted on something I was following. so tonight at Rich's suggestion I went into my profile area and hopefully re-set all my stuff so that I WILL get notifications.

Plans for the summer...IF the sale goes through on the building then I will get my additional shop up, and load the '57 into it. I have also acquired a 4-post lift and that will be going in as well. then we will start (with some luck) on the new abode up on the top pasture. If any pone wants to find me this winter, I will be in the shop down low on the property...come on it...we will have a fridge with beverages...and possibly some food!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I missed the above post when you put it up almost a week ago!. It's been a hectic week here.....house spring cleaning,car issues, medical issues with the 'cuz. Hopefully, sometimes we'll get to your new home........right now road trips are being dramatically cut. I haven't done a big car show all year, or anything out of town for that matter. Gas took another .25 cent hike yesterday. The mid-grade hasn't gone up here as much as regular.......only a .20 difference now. Not sure if I'm able to do the Red River, NM car show on the 4th.

RICH MUISE

I missed the Red River show yesterday. very depressing. Gas went up another .20 yesterday! I just filled my Subaru......62.50!!!!!! Probably no big shows/'57 road trips for me this year. We're hoping to get our second house (in my avatar here) sold this year, so that'll get some money back in my pocket. If not, not much sense in hanging on to the '57 if I can't enjoy it. Yeah, I know!!! I need to cheer up.....guess I'll go watch my Rockies baseball team lose another game.
I think Alan and his wife Julie will be here next week from New Zealand. I just realized we don't have our smilleys anymore.  :)
Ha if you type a colen and a parenthesis, it turns it into a smiley!
And we do have smileys, I just noticed. but not in the quick edit.

mustang6984

I still do not get notices when any one posts in any topic.  :-[ 
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Hugh, PM sent.
We got a nice visit from Alan and his wife Julie from New Zealand yesterday. Spent 3 or 4 hours with us and a nice lunch at the famous Big Texan. No, neither of us tried for the "free 72 oz steak", lol. Alan needed to get to Oklahoma City last night to keep him on schedule. Today he was headed for Jerry's Classic Cars in Springdale, Arkansas to pick up an order, then he was on his way to Tom Drummond's place. I forgot where Tom lives......Illinois I think. Tom has found him a Y block for his '57 convert. Alan rented a pickup this time when he hit the west coast here.

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-06-10 07:16Hugh, PM sent.

I don't seem to have ability to get to it. and have no idea when you sent it either. The system is not telling any info about what time you post was made. The ever present 9:09 is all I see.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Nothing much was on the message, I was just curious if it would go through. We no longer have the "message" board at the top of the page.
it was 109* here two days in a row.
Friday night I took my Subaru to the Alburquerque area then north. Nice day Saturday, but hot there as well. Ended up driving 760 miles.
Gas took a .10 hike Friday, and another one today.

hiball3985

You should always be happy when you buy gas today :003:  because you know it will be more expensive tomorrow :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang