News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Most excellent sir!

Rich I have "cold turkeyed" more then once!  What I learned is the nicotine is out of your system in two to three days.  The urge is strictly mental after that.  Learning the triggers is the key. 

Turns out my triggers was going into a combat zone.  Three times.  After returning home I found the trigger gone, put them down and never gave it a thought.  The one thing I did was never smoked in my car or in the house.

Good luck and stay strong!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Good for you, hope you can keep it going Rich. I wish I could do the same. I cut down years ago, one pack last me 3 days and no smoking in the house or cars.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

glenmichael

hello Rich, 2010 I decided to quit again for the next time. I know this picture has nothing to do with a 57 Ford but I decided I needed a goal this time ! I wanted this Guitar and told myself if I stopped smoking for 5 Days, I could buy it. Every day I thank that Guitar and I feel Great. Best of Luck.IMG_1119.jpg 

RICH MUISE

Really cool guitar! I visited an ex-brother-in-law last year that I hadn't seen in 30 years. His guitar collection is over 100! had them everywhere! Mostly Gibsons if I remember correctly. Funny thing is he doesn't play.....go figure!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Good luck Rich, stay strong. Certainly not easy but feasible! You can do it !
I never liked smoking, have maybe smoked 10 or 20 cigarettes in my life, mostly for showing off.
Would have quit for the steel dobro anyways... :003:

Any pics of your brother in law's collection ? Guitars are work of art and make great instruments, but are also very collectible and looking great everywhere in the house, man cave, club, shop, garage... you name it ! :002:

I also have a few spread all over the house.

rmk57

Quote from: glenmichael on 2022-07-05 18:07hello Rich, 2010 I decided to quit again for the next time. I know this picture has nothing to do with a 57 Ford but I decided I needed a goal this time ! I wanted this Guitar and told myself if I stopped smoking for 5 Days, I could buy it. Every day I thank that Guitar and I feel Great. Best of Luck.IMG_1119.jpg 

Looks like the same style Mark Knoffler from Dire Straits played or had on the one of their album covers.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

No, no pics sorry. My wife and I went for a "Sunday" drive yesterday...went to Russell's truck stop in New Mexico for lunch. I just opened a weekly newsletter from New Mexico and there was a great article on Russell's. If any of you guys are travelling I40/ old 66, this is a must stop! Scroll down when the page opens.
https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/new-mexico/russells-truck-stop-travel-center-nm/

lalessi1

Really neat truck stop, thanks for the pics. I never smoked, my grandfather had cancer of the larynx and had to breath through a hole in his throat for 20 years. I have lost my mother and two best friends to cigarettes. Very glad for you that you are a former smoker ( I have confidence in your will)! I have that Dire Straits album too! Cool Guitar.
Lynn

djfordmanjack

Still remember when Brothers in Arms came out and I was  stunned by that shiny steel guitar on the cover.
This is my personal favorite and must have been one of my songs of summer of 85.

Good old time Rockn Roll song. still sounds good  nearly 40 years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58TexsppsSU

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, Hope all is well, that Guitar I have is a National Resophonic Delphi Deluxe made in California in December of 2002 Marks was made in 1937, they have a great sound in open tuning with a slide, I posted the picture just saying that was the carrot hanging there, something to reach for. After 5 days smoke free and $1500 later I have not touched a cigarette since. I remember my wife saying, You can't quit for you Grand Children but you will for a Stupid Guitar... Ya sometimes we need that carrot.

RICH MUISE

Haha.yep, the wives have a way of seeing things. Funny, that reminded me of my doctor's visit last year. As near as I can tell with a mask, she's a real cute gal in her 40's. She asked me about my smoking and I replied that Alzheimer's (SP?) was in my family, and no way was I going to do that scenario to my wife, so if I had to chose between cancer and that, I'll keep smoking. She actually replied that that made sense to her, but then she rolled her chair up real close to me, got within 8" or so of my face, (really nice cleavage show, btw), and asked in a real sexy voice, "alright then, what incentive do you need to quit?". My wife just giggled.

59meteor

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2022-06-27 12:10A few more.
A 59 with Coyote power for Rory.
Terry
 :canada:
Tery, what car show was this? Plenty of 50s Fords from the looks of it. Can`t recall ever seeing the blue Sedan Delivery, or the red 59 Wagon before.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

RICH MUISE

I've added a new salvage yard to our list of yards known to have '57 Fords. It is Browne Auto Salvage in Sunset Texas. The yard is on 287 between Wichita Falls and Decatur. Thanks to Jeff on the Hamb 52-59 club for this listing and link to video, which I only watched part of. I did message them to see if they had '57's and the reply was "Yes, I have quite a number of them".
https://www.facebook.com/Browneautosalvage/

RICH MUISE

We finally got some substantial rain this week.
Gas is down to 3.42 as of yesterday....yay!!
Went on a 660 mile road trip yesterday in the DD. Nice to get up into the mountains. Remember that recent huge forest fire in New Mexico? They opened the road thru those mountains, so that's where I went. Miles and miles of burnt forest. Pretty sad, but lots of areas the fire skipped around, so it could have been a lot worse.
The drought in the southwest........When my cousin was in ALburquerque last week, she said the Rio Grand was pretty much dried up. It's normally whitewater rapids with lots of river rafting companies in the area between Santa Fe and Taos. I went to the Rio Grande gorge bridge yesterday north west of Taos, and it looked like a giant mud puddle.

RICH MUISE

Did 260 miles in the '57 this past Monday. Ran great, no issues at all. I did the run because I was planning on not going to the Vernon show/cruise this weekend, mainly because of the projected 102* temp. Well, the urge got me again, so I'm leaving for Vernon about 5:30 tomorrow morning. It's 175 miles from here. Last year, I was number 400 and somethin' for the cruise. Unlike the local annual cruise we had in Amarillo last weekend that is open to anyone, the Vernon cruise is restricted to 1972 and older.
You heard it here first..........I'm thinking of putting a for sale sign on it. With thousands of onlookers, this cruise would be a great place to get feedback.