News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Awesome pics, Jeff !
I am glad to see that the Savery Ave sign has been restored/replaced since my visit in 2015, back then it was in poor shape.
This is said to have been the first divided lane road in the USA. And they save part of it for visitors, and it still open to be driven (right next to a modern road). Very scenic drive under huge old pine trees.
White Lightning is looking great !

djfordmanjack

While we're at it, can't hurt to turn on the radio ( which Jay of course hasn't in his factory-delete-everything Custom E Code)  :002:

this song seems so non-fitting to Jay, but anyways, great old Rock n Roll platter ! :003:

The original version by Big Bopper is  super cool, but what can go wrong with an upsped hilarious George Jones cover ?  :003:  you gotta love George !

djfordmanjack

Check this out, Jeff. I love this original fast version best !

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2022-11-30 06:38Snow Chains and my cheating Heart
Ha ha

Jeff Norwell

Outstanding G!!!!!

Love George,Jerry and the Big Bopper.. specially the obscure stuff.
To bad music today really really is horrible.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2022-11-14 17:25and Sweden's Finest, unplugged. Was very lucky to see them live this summer. From their neat outfits right down to the brilliant steel guitar and spot on accent, an unforgettable experience for sure. These guys live their music, probably as close as you can get to 1964 Nashville anywhere today....  :003:

These guys are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!
It's so hard to find a band like this!!...When I travelled to Austin and parts of southern Texas in the early 2000's... sometimes you got lucky and found a band like this G.....
Love hardcore Cajun music as well... and found some good local bands when I was in Louisiana years back.

Modern music does nothing for me.
Getting old does that to you I guess.

FiveSevenLiter

Jeff, was it the German group Twang?
I was in the Continental Club on a Saturday morning pancake and beers breakfast.  One set they did Stairway To Heaven with a rockabilly/country twist.
Terry
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

djfordmanjack

Glad you like them Jeff, These guys deserve to be heard so much more, around the world. But as far as I know they are just touring Scandinavia and continental Europe. Judging by their age, most probably some of them have their own families, so this could make it very difficult for extended overseas touring. I can hardly imagine the success such a tremendously talented and perfectionist 'real' Country band would have in North America.

I think good taste in music has nothing to do with age.
When 'good' music doesn't get airplay on the radio stations and on National TV anymore, people simply don't know it !

Also the production of modern day music is so much different from what used to be 60, 70, 80 years ago.
Today every little 'space' left in the music is filled with noise, more bass, autotuned harmonies and whatever.

It gets thick, and noisy to the point where everything seems to sound the same, and just starts hurting your ears.
Luckily there are many 'unplugged' type of musicians performing on Youtube and out in clubs still, but they neither get famous nor rich from that.

Meanwhile studio production mill gets paid and takes all the airplay.

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2022-12-01 09:08These guys are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!
It's so hard to find a band like this!!...When I travelled to Austin and parts of southern Texas in the early 2000's... sometimes you got lucky and found a band like this G.....
Love hardcore Cajun music as well... and found some good local bands when I was in Louisiana years back.

Modern music does nothing for me.

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2022-12-01 09:40Glad you like them Jeff, These guys deserve to be heard so much more, around the world. But as far as I know they are just touring Scandinavia and continental Europe. Judging by their age, most probably some of them have their own families, so this could make it very difficult for extended overseas touring. I can hardly imagine the success such a tremendously talented and perfectionist 'real' Country band would have in North America.

I think good taste in music has nothing to do with age.
When 'good' music doesn't get airplay on the radio stations and on National TV anymore, people simply don't know it !

Also the production of modern day music is so much different from what used to be 60, 70, 80 years ago.
Today every little 'space' left in the music is filled with noise, more base, autotuned harmonies and whatever.

It gets thick, and noisy to the point where everything seems to sound the same, and just starts hurting your ears.
Luckily there are many 'unplugged' type of musicians performing on Youtube and out in clubs still, but they they neither get famous nor rich from that.
Meanwhile studio production mill gets paid and takes all the airplay.

SO TRUE G!

Love it!

mustang6984

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2022-12-01 09:08Modern music does nothing for me.

Outside of Jazz these days...nothing that infects the airwaves can be referred to even loosely as "music". It's just noise.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Hugh It's interesting to note, that there are and always have been very different styles in Jazz.
Personally I love the impressive sounds of the big late 1930s Swing Dance bands ( Artie Shaw, Goodman, Dorsey brotherss, Andy Kirk, Charlie Barnett, and many more). Interestingly enough, even though those bands had dozens of musicians and complicated arrangements, and it was basically LOUD music, I don't find it noisy or annoying like most of todays popular music. Back then they still recorded this live and in real time (single track) without much technical enhancement or add ons.
Luckily Jazz and Swing music are still much loved around the world, and I am lucky to live in a town with a Music Academy, so we have great quality live musicians and literally dozens of bands performing.
These young guys here play 'Gipsy Swing' like it was played in France in the 1930s/40s by Django Reinhard.
The band leader Simon (with the cap and mustache, on lead guitar) is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and is totally dedicated to achieve the right sound and arrangement. It is very basic, yet incredibly swinging, pleasant music (imho).

:002:

can you believe that this clip has only a 1000 views ?

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2022-12-01 09:18Jeff, was it the German group Twang?
I was in the Continental Club on a Saturday morning pancake and beers breakfast.  One set they did Stairway To Heaven with arockabilly/country twist.
Terry
 :canada:

No Terry. not the Continental..... it was about 10 minutes outside.. not sure where. just a small place... so long ago.... can't remember... darn.. trying to remember the joints name!

Jeff Norwell

When were at Jay's place,... some Punk was caught trying to Hot Wire White Lightening... he was dealt with and the E-Code was unharmed.

Jeff Norwell

More lovely Fords that day...... 

Jeff Norwell

Even Cobra Joes presence was felt!

mustang6984

For those that like the old jazz...there are two options here... KNKX.org (there is some news cast blocks in here, so you will have to figure those out) or JAZZ24.org with no news. Both are the same style, and are community owned by the same operation entity.
On Saturdays and Sundays from 6:00 p.m until midnight PST there is a blues only program on KNKX. On Sundays there is an older gentleman who has been doing a show for over 30 years that focuses on the older jazz and it's history, some people he played with back in the early 50's. That is on KNKX only from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST time as well.
Both stations have a varied format of jazz, playing early to newer stuff, and seem to be the only stations that have such a wide format.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker