News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

It's -4 degrees here in Amarillo this morning. Can't see out our livingroom window, as there's a sheet of ice on it......on the inside!! Got a 10am doctor's appointment, all the cars are outside except the '57. Hope they start.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Was 23 when I looked at 9:40 this morning. Now at 11:20 it is 15 and dropping! Started snowing at 10:30 but has stopped for now.
We shall see what the day brings. Might be a good day to sit in the the recliner and read a book with a mug or two of hot chocolate!   :icon_bigsmurf:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Marc

A Balmy 21 degrees in my little patch of Texas. Was bringing the trash to the curb earlier this morning when the wind hit. It instantly went from a light breeze to good luck keeping your hat on. Even the dogs don't want to go outside now.
Good day to catch up on a couple half-finished model kits.

mustang6984

Now at 2:20 temps have dropped to 7 degrees! Snow started up again about 11:45 weakly. About an inch now, and it has started to get a little heavier. Reading and napping in the recliner works real well! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

RICH MUISE

lalessi1

That's really cool! Thanks Rich... 21 here coldest temps since '89. Merry Christmas!
Lynn

djfordmanjack

Rich, is this a Swedish license plate from the 1960s ?
Maybe you remember when we were discussing Swedish Kustoms before, and they had a crazy, unique style.
Check out the wood pattern model. I don't think this started as a real Fairlane. The front axle setup looks as if it is a transverse leaf spring, solid I beam ( like in 32-48 Flathead Fords). Maybe the builder even hammerformed all the panels himself. look at the hood header panel, it looks similar, but different, more rounded and wider than on our real 57 pssgr. also the fenders are missing the concave crease.

Ecode70D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone. 
Thank you to all of the guys on the site that have helped me over the years. 
Jay

RICH MUISE

The car has obviously been sectioned...assuming oem panels. That could be the reason for the missing features. The door also tells me it's been channeled. Lots of meticulous bodywork either way. First '57 I've seen that I like the chrome eyebrows and bezels. I like the way they modified the grille to fit up into the headlight bezels, and the narrow nose piece sure gives it a more streamlined look. Many Kuddos to the builder........I wonder when it was done.
DJ..the Hamb poster is from Sweeden.
So many questions on this one. I wonder if the roof and windshield are European, and I like the tucked in smaller front bumper. The parking lights have been removed from the grille, gives it a clean look. The wipers have been relocated ala newer cars.
Sectioned AND channeled..would be interesting to see the engine and radiator.

abe_lugo

Wow that is a super custom 57 or one off. 
Either Happy Holidays everyone.

4DC1427E-72D2-418E-8FDD-E0DF1734695C.jpeg
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

All three look pretty fine! Mustang and the truck look sweet as well.

Merry Christmas back at ya sir. And thanks again for the '57 cars you designed and passed out to all of us.  :003:

:114:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

.Snow on the Edchero 2.JPG

djfordmanjack

Rich, do you think that the mock up wooden model and the actual car are the same or did somebody build a new version lately and his inspiration was the old b/w pic of the wooden buck ?

Because like I said, the chassis under the wooden  version is nothing like a real 57. It is a Flathead era I beam solid axle with a transverse leave spring, most probably 35 up, because you can see the spring hangers ( shackles) below the beam.
Personally I think that somebody built the wooden buck, so he could hang cuts and chips of a smashed junkyard Fairlane. while hammering an rolling the donor panels into shape. Early Porsches and VW prototypes were built that way as well, the wooden bucks were used to adjust and hang the panels.

So even if some panels were from a real 57, I would rather not call that a sectioned and channeled 57, because to me it looks like a coachbuild, using just some donor panels off a real 57.

The windshield and fat chrome trim remind me somewhat of a Kaiser unit.
As we spoke before in another thread, the Swedish had lots of US cars imported and around junkyards in the 60s. all kinds off. They also officially imported Hot Rod and Kustom magazines and speed parts as early as 1960. Several builds of that vintage are known. This car  even 'looks' Swedish. by that I mean it is typical for those cars to have all kinds of parts on them, because they had to use what was available t the salvage yard. also very typical for Swdish customs is the use of Cragar SS wheels. They love Cragars, in all shades, even painted in body color...Swedes are just different ( but fun) people ! They spent all of their dark winter months inside their garages and shops, and party all summer long, when the sun hardly ever sets.

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-12-24 16:47The car has obviously been sectioned...assuming oem panels. That could be the reason for the missing features. The door also tells me it's been channeled. Lots of meticulous bodywork either way. First '57 I've seen that I like the chrome eyebrows and bezels. I like the way they modified the grille to fit up into the headlight bezels, and the narrow nose piece sure gives it a more streamlined look. Many Kuddos to the builder........I wonder when it was done.
DJ..the Hamb poster is from Sweeden.
So many questions on this one. I wonder if the roof and windshield are European, and I like the tucked in smaller front bumper. The parking lights have been removed from the grille, gives it a clean look. The wipers have been relocated ala newer cars.
Sectioned AND channeled..would be interesting to see the engine and radiator.

djfordmanjack

Rich, check out the position of the front wheel well, and how far ahead it sits of the a post/door opening. that must be a good 10" longer than our real 57s. ( our front fender lower quarters are maybe 4" wide, before touching the rocker panel / a post. This here appears to be a foot !