News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Yea...me too! I did that move from WA to MO at 66 1/2...finishing at 67. Took me 4 trips with my stuff. Then I went back and got my son 4 months later for ANOTHER move! I am STILL dealing with trying to get things organized since we haven't got the new house built yet. No way I would want to move at 70. UGH! I hit that this March.
I don't mind driving around the country and such...but no more moving!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Talking about moving  :002:

This Lady here certainly is moving !

Coming to my town to a music festival in 3 weeks. I will probably get out my 57 CS from winter hibernation for that weekend. Weather is looking promising. Slowly warming up and haven't had snow or salted roads for quite some time. So this would really mean a very early cruising season start. Keep your fingers crossed or send over some good weather ! :003:

RICH MUISE

Early cruising? snow and high winds yesterday, 15* currently at 9am this morning. First major outdoor car show in Fort Worth less than a month away.
Actually, we've had some nice cruising weather. Super Bowl Sunday, I took the women to Russel's Truckstop, Just over the state line in New Mexico, for chicken fried steak lunch. 145 mile round trip. My wife didn't complain too much. It was a good day.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Rich, you really got it bad in Texas, because of the big wide open. hot in summer and super cold in winter.
our climate may be a little cooler overall, but it is more evenly spread over the seasons. We are living south of the 6000+ ft ALps, so we are somewhat safe from very cold arctic winds. And we are just 200 miles from the Adriatic Sea, so we often get humid and mild air from the south, which- unfortunately - works great with the cold Nov to March temperatures , i.e. snow ! I guess we AT are easily 1000 miles up north from you in TX.
It probably all boils down to that we have to take it like it is and make best use of good days.
For now I really can't complain. Sat will be over 50, maybe even 60!
I hope that there will be no snow and salt in March so I can take the 57CS out for the festival on March 8th/9th.

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, wanted to share a photo from a magazine I receive, hope it's ok. I hope all is well out there.IMG_1453.jpg

RICH MUISE

Of course it's ok....thanks for posting.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Is that JVieras car?  :003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

jviera

Joe, That's not my car it belongs to Richard Struck F-code 312 and has won many awards. He also the organizer of the e and f code 1957 Ford meet at Carlisle  which will be happening again in 2024.You need to plan on going. John 

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: jviera on 2023-03-01 18:42Joe, That's not my car it belongs to Richard Struck F-code 312 and has won many awards. He also the organizer of the e and f code 1957 Ford meet at Carlisle  which will be happening again in 2024.You need to plan on going. John 

That would be fun!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

jviera

Jeff, The Fords at Carlisle show is the best all Ford weekend swap meet and show. I don't remember the exact number of 57 at the last show but, I think it was in the 30's for the E-F-and D/F codes, all models of 57 fords including T-Birds came from all over the country. Also, Mr. Dean McCann the lead engineer on the F-codes was the guest speaker. Many 57's on the grounds all weekend long for a great weekend. John V 

djfordmanjack

Time for some sweet Country music.
Good ole Tammy Wynette, for yer all listening pleasure !  :003:

And this is fantastic imho. Californian Deke Dickerson, who is just a totally talented musician in all kinds of roots music like RocknRoll, Surf, Country, he just nailed this one. sounds a lot like 1960s Waylon Jennings.

hiball3985

Thanks G, that was great, I wasn't familiar with him at all. By any chance have you seen the documentary film The Pez Thief? I really enjoyed the history and it was done in a comical way. 
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

My son just picked up this Fender amp combo. Mid-70's Bassman 100W. He says when he plays the guitar intro on Led Zeppelins Moby Dick he can rattle the windows in the house.  :rock_band: 

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hiball3985

Randy, it would be interesting to see what is inside. I worked at JBL for years and we built allot of the Fender 12"and 15" speakers. The ones we built had orange frames.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2023-03-09 10:26Randy, it would be interesting to see what is inside. I worked at JBL for years and we built allot of the Fender 12"and 15" speakers. The ones we built had orange frames.

I could ask him to pull the cover off for a photo.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429