News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: rmk57 on 2023-03-09 10:29I could ask him to pull the cover off for a photo.
Thanks, just curious, it will bring back old memories.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Sure glad your son is not my neighbor, lol. What's that poor car buried under cabinets?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-03-09 12:51Sure glad your son is not my neighbor, lol. What's that poor car buried under cabinets?

It looks like an old Mini Cooper, but with a modern mirror.

He's 350 miles away, so I can't hear it. I don't mind it anyways and would rather listen to him playing guitar then my neighbours dog barking it's ass off at nothing.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

Jim , I haven't seen that yet. I found a flick called 'the Pez Outlaw' is probably what you mean ?
I think we spoke before, that the PEZ has its origins in Austria and is short for German PfEfferminz Zuckerl (peppermint candy) - it is pronounced in German like the English word pets. The drawing of the original PEZ pinup girl, was taken from an actual person, her name is Gerda Jahn, still an active senior model in Vienna.

if you like Deke Dickerson, you certainly should explore his portfolio. He is just one of the most incredible guitarmen alive today. Much like a Chet Atkins, Les Paul or Mark Knopfler type of musician. He is incredible versatile and can play all kinds of vintage roots music like Country, Rockabilly, Surf, Blues, DooWop. He is also an avid stereo equipment collector ( I think he owns Johnny Hortons personal 1950s Stereo console) and on top of all a very funny guy. I have seen him live on stage several times over the years and he never fails to amaze the audience !

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2023-03-08 06:00Thanks G, that was great, I wasn't familiar with him at all. By any chance have you seen the documentary film The Pez Thief? I really enjoyed the history and it was done in a comical way. 

djfordmanjack

And looks to be some kind of Volkswagen type camper van cabinets and shelves on top.... your son probably bneeds to get a bit more organized, but he sure is collecting neat stuff! I believe the Bassman Fender tops is also what was mostly used for creating the  tell tale Surf Instrumental sound of the 1960s (of course using with guitars like Fender Jaguars, not for bass only). I know a guy from a band called 'Weather', who really try to recreate the 1960s Surf sound as close as possible, and they also use flat wound and ground bass strings on the E and A strings of their fender guitars. Said to give that certain 'wet' underwater sound..... :003: ...absolute nerd trivia here.... :003:
BTW a local guy here owns a real '65 turquois Fender Jaguar ( a very valuable guitar today) and he let me play it. It has a great tone and all, but honestly I really couldnt' tell if it was worth what they say it is.... :003:

Quote from: rmk57 on 2023-03-09 14:32It looks like an old Mini Cooper, but with a modern mirror.

He's 350 miles away, so I can't hear it. I don't mind it anyways and would rather listen to him playing guitar then my neighbours dog barking it's ass off at nothing.

djfordmanjack

While getting totally off topic, we need to dig out America's greatest Surf band, from all places- Colorado ! :003:

Colorado's waves pounding.... :002:

djfordmanjack

And they had great taste in Cars ! ( of course that is Tom McMullens flamed Deuce...)

Jeff Norwell

Hey G... my very good friend Bob Owens just finished restoration on the Ian Cusey Roadster.. which was the sister car on the Astronauts cover LP.... 
Its outstanding

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

Jeff, you really manage to pierce my heart on a daily basis.....hahaha....I think I told you back then how much I like your friends survivor hot rod and what he did to bring it back to its former glory to the (I believe) 2021 AMBR contest. It is phenomenal !!! Is this also the og McMullen rdstr in your pics ? looks like Amelia(sp?) concourse ?

these cars deserve some more period sounds ( but from the 2000s nonetheless)

and a blast from the past.....man.... how I love this record !

Jeff Norwell

Yes G. Amelia Island... He did well.. Old Bob is a History automotive nut. Just like YOU!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

Superb !

I have to add to my latest 32 favorite rankings which is jack Carrols 5w and Fred Steele's purple Massachussetts based rdstr, but honestly Bob's (Ian Cusey) rdstr has to be right next in line, along with Neil East's. Bob's Cusey car just breathes late 1950s/early 60s taste and style and full fendered 32s are just flowing ! add that metallic green paint and whitewalls, and being part of Surf Music History and it is just one huge party ! :003:

hiball3985

G, you are right Pez Outlaw, my mistake, I think you will enjoy it. I liked the Deke video for the music and the scenery, it must have been filmed here locally, thats what the mountains look like on the other side from me. Mark Knopfler was the last live concert I went to a few years ago, he still jams at his age..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Lots of good stuff by Mark Knophler on Youtube. He's one of my favorites. You know he's good when he can get Clapton on backup guitar, Sting on backup vocals, and Phil Collins on drums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CB9OrGZ7-c

hiball3985

Awesome Rich!  Brings back memories, Dire Straights was the first CD I owned.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Check out Phil Collins' "something in the air". It's pretty cool. I normally don't like songs with too many repetitive lyrics, but it's an awesome  video.

Had a productive day today. I normally don't get crap done because of my COPD, but our water heater was getting ready to take a dump. My plumber quoted us 2100. !!! No freakin' way that was happening. got the old 50 gallon one pulled and the new one installed and working just great. About 6 hours, but I'm just glad I could still do it with no help, and saving 1200 was not bad either. Connie's nephew was standing by for a call if I needed him, but didn't. Yahoo. Jim, I'm sure you understand.