News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

I would proudly park any of the three in my shop!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I40 about 35ish miles east of the Texas state line, around Sayre. Been thru there literally dozens of times in the past few years, never happened before.
What's a GPS?? I'll assume that's a rhetorical question, but I do love mine. Mine is Speedhut, and it's been trouble-free for about 6 years now. Which reminds me, I actually installed it AFTER I had the car on the road for the first year or so, so the car actually has a few K miles more than the 70k it's showing since rebuild. Didn't do too many long trips with it the first year. When it first stopped working, I was thinking maybe the tranny sending unit was going out, but then realized, no, the speedometer is, of course, not hooked to the drivetrain anywhere. The sending unit is only used by the computer.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2023-07-23 13:34Morning coffee yesterday had these in the parking lot.
Ranchero is a 390 4-speed.
Terry
 :canada:

Interesting hood on the 67 Ranchero. Not positive but I don't believe they built a GT Ranchero until 1968. My dad had a 67 500XL Ranchero which would have been considered top of the line. 390, c6, air, bucket seats, console. Learned how to drive on it and also learned how press the gas pedal to the floor from a stop.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Well that lets out any security black-out then. Nothing there. I have driven that road dozens of times. Must have just hiccuped!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

FiveSevenLiter

Here are some from the Bellingham Vietnam Vets Show last week.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

Nice rides. I think...not sure, but maybe I have seen the black one at the A&W in Issaquah on a Saturday cruise-in that Mustangs Northwest puts on.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Marc

That '61 is a good looking car.

hiball3985

I always liked the Starliners, both 60 and 61
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

A friend of mine here in Austria has a Bill Thomas Cheetah too !

djfordmanjack

as mentioned in the old Ford pics topic, I was able to purchase a 49 Merc project from a friend. I was hesitating, because it is just an empty shell and has lots of old welding on it. But when do you get another 49 2dr, literally 2 streets away and being able to push it home on 4 wheels?  :003:

mustang6984

Not bad looking Buddy! Something to keep you out of trouble this winter! LOL!!!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fairlane62

"old welding", as in bad patch panels?
Are there any regulatory limitations on what type of motor you can put in the 49?

djfordmanjack

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2023-08-09 22:33Are there any regulatory limitations on what type of motor you can put in the 49?

yes and no. Basically it is required to have an og type engine, but a replacement engine can be registered ( with full car inspection by federal tech bureau). The maximum hp increase is 20%, when the old brakes and chassis are retained. Modern brakes may only be allowed to a certain degree, keeping the og wheels and vintage appearance of car.
I have a 1951ish Mercury Flathead, that I could put in the car.

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2023-08-09 22:33"old welding", as in bad patch panels?

Well, not really bad patch panels, rather old patch panels - in decades old repairs. 95 percent of the original floors are still great and unwelded. chassis is great except front X member, there are repairs to the lower door areas, rear wheel wells, inner rockers and such, which are actually gas welded and could be left alone. some may have to be replaced.

abe_lugo

Just an update.  I'm still here. 
My hardtop is in the garage getting some interior work (by me) as find time and space. 
Running the wagon around.  Though it's seems to have a top end leak.  I think i need to update to a pvc on the valley pan and get new top end gaskets.

Been driving the f100 here and the and the Cadillac on off days and weekends. 

I feel like work is a wick burning at both ends. And I need to take some time off to rest.

Cool find Gunther.   My brother had three merc project he wants to sell as a whole package deal.  Not sure the pricing. 

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

abe_lugo

Pic of hardtop
Just need time. Got carpet, headliner and the glass.
IMG_9712.jpeg
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008