News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Mark...that's a great photo. We had talked awhile back about seeing some faces that go along with the cars and names. Thanks for posting. Ranchero looks awesome as usual.
Nice to have a better half that shares the enthusiasm, and being cuter than heck doesn't hurt either!
Sounds like Troy and Jessee had/having a nice roadtrip planned out.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

I would like to congratulate Rich on his Morning Coffee thread. Who knows where this will end up....maybe a morning radio talk show! HRD.

Ford Blue blood

Balmy 38 and rainy this morning. Hot coffee, computer that runs and good health make the day.  Hoping this storm passes north of us as the weather guessers think it will.  Temps are supposed to stay above freezing for the duration.  Too much going on for ice on the roads, especially in these hills!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Balmy 28 here, but it's a nice 28! We didn't get the sleet and ice last night that was forcasted...so I'm off to Abilene, after my morning routine, to pick up our grand neice. Hopefully roads south of us didn't get too much snow or ice either.
Thanks Donny, I was really happy to see the guys embrace the idea. Talk show?? No...Jay's the only one that understands my New England accent. LOL. Had a nice talk with Jay on the phone yesterday. At one point he told me I had lost 100% of my New England accent. Everybody out here always asks what part of NE I'm from.
As far as the Morning coffee thread, I'm still hoping others will join us. I sure hope this thread is ok with James, aside from the fact it'd be nice to hear what's going on in his busy life.

57 Ford Kustom

Rich, last time I checked Vermont was still part of New England! Lol! But that's ok, everyone forgets about us in this corner of the states! I spent 4 yrs in the army ( fort Bragg, Nc. ) so people here think I have an accent! Tim  :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Zapato

Accents! Boy do I love them and trying to figure where people come/came from. After almost 40 years machining my hearing isn't as clear so not so good at it. In the service you meet guys from all over. In boot camp it was a  Massachuset  accent that gave most of us a laugh, took a while to tune the ear to understand J. Soares specially when flustered. But it was the guys that spoke ''southern'' or the many different variations that actually were the most interesting. Guys from Arkansas had as much trouble understanding guys from Louisiana or Georgia. All ''southern'' to the yankees but with regional differences that after awhile became decipherable.

One of my brothers was stationed at NAS Pensacola for a couple years, and he came home speaking southern and had also absorbed some very interesting phrases and mannerisms. So along with speech pattern had also used his hands differently.

Good buddy from Texas hadn't been home for many years and his accent was hardly noticeable. Till his ''baby brother'' Who had never wandered too far from the Texas/Oklahoma border came out west looking for work and stayed with him for a couple years. Then after a couple weeks it was like he had never left the family farm in Texas. Or how it sounded when he said it TeHas.

Now it was my families' good fortune to land in Florida when I was 7 years old. There we learned to speak what we thought was ''english'' but what I call ''southern''. Now you mix that with ''cuban'' and it must have really been something to hear. A year or so later we moved to Oregon proud of our new mastery of the english language. I can remember hearing and not understanding why when a classmate (3rd grade) telling me he loved to hear me talk. As he said ''you sure do talk funny''. Another classmate Jimmy Jones used to laugh and correct me all the time that his name was not Himmee Hones.

My Texas friend to this day when introduced to someone to this day uses the phrase passed on by his ''daddy'' (80 some years old and they're still daddy and  mama) taught him years ago "right proud to meet you''.

Obvious that I'm just killing time waiting for the temperature to rise another 10-15 degrees so I can paint some house siding. Remember that garden window well the siding around it and a new french door need some paint. So while its warming up guess I should trim out the door on the inside.

Anyway guys am "right proud to meet y'all".

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

wildhog

Troy and Jesse did stop and see me after leaving Mark's house,we went out to supper and then went back to the house,to look at some of my Junk. Very nice couple and it is great to meet some of the members face to face.
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

hotroddonnie

If anyone is wondering what I look like....here is one that was takin of me at our family picnic!

wildhog

HRD you are a lot better looking than I thought you would be!
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

560 miles since I logged off this morning....clear roads all the way.
Himmie Hones...funny.
You take a good pic Donnie, regardless of what Jeff said.

Zapato

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-11-26 16:40
If anyone is wondering what I look like....here is one that was takin of me at our family picnic!

Its true what mom always told me, that I have a long lost twin out there.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

4thgen57

Mornin all, Balmy 25 here, wind chills around 10. Days like this I hate working outside. Atleast its my Friday. Everyone have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Ford Blue blood

Morning from VA again.  Still Saturday...oh....every day is Saturday!  Still on CST, while the clock says 7:30 my body told me to get up because it was 6:15.  Put coffee on (yup, still have to, daughter has four to look after), saw that it was 42 outside, no freezing rain!

Zap know what you went through with the regional dialects and accents.  I go home to WI I have a southern accent, in AL I have a northern accent.....help me....help me....I'm lost....but I digress her....standing phone watch in the barracks after boot camp, phone booth rings (ya, that long ago), answer it and had to find some one that could talk to the operator from the south because her accent was so strong I couldn't understand a word she was saying.  I was raised on a small farm and the first time I was ever out of WI was our high school trip to Chicago, never saw a black person before that (other then National Geographic) so there was a bunch of the world I had not seen.  I could go on forever with all the "new" things I saw and learned while in the Navy, most would be "G" rated with a couple of "R"s thrown in and an occasional "X" but I won't bore you with the details.

So hope you all have a great Thanksgiving, enjoy your families and be good to yourselves.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Mornin y'all. The worst dialect for me to understand is/was the Texas Drawl. This is not an accent, this is an attempt to talk without actually moving your lips. When my brother in law was still alive, Connie had to interpret for me.

Ford Blue blood

Now that's funny, don't care who you are........
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero