News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Absolute best part of Thanksgiving dinner...turkey sandwiches the days after. Love 'em.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Agree'd, just finished two, little mayo, toasted bread, a cold drink and I'm in hog heaven!

I'll do a turkey in the middle of the summer just for the leftovers!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ford Blue blood

Still in VA, heading back tomorrow at O'dark thirty (by the wife's timing, half way through the day by mine :005:).  Should head out today as the traffic is going to be a killer tomorrow, but, need to maximize the time with the grandkids!  Be close to six months before we se them again.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Bill, have a safe trip back home when you do leave. It's gonna be a nice day here I think...turned the heaters on in the garage an hour ago. Sun was barely coming up and it was already 45 in the garage.
Well, I think I'm winding myself up for another day of indecision on what to do next on my '57....which means I may not get anything done today except straighten up my working areas a bit...they need it. For a while I was holding off on everything waiting to get enough money together to order my engine management harness, but then I realized I was getting too anxious to start that, as I have too many other things that should to be done first. I'm going to order instead all the stuff I need to get the A/C plumbing done, the transmision cooling lines, the power steering lines(which means I'll have to decide on which hydroboost), radiator overflow,exhaust at least back to the tranny tailshaft, and decide on air intake and battery placement so I can make mods to the wheel wells that may be needed. I also need to make some decisions on fuel delivery so I can get the tank/fuel pump/lines done.
I'd also like to get the dash panel custom machined, so I can finish that up and have a place to install gauges. I also need to get my Vintage air unit bought and installed. So, ytou can see why I was getting ahead of myself trying to get the electrical done.

wildhog

I really enjoyed the cherry popsicle that I had for Thanksgiving!
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

I ask alot of dumb questions on this forum because my last project went so wrong...

alstoy

Different time zone down here in New Zealand so I guess its Ok to post a morning coffee forum in the evening. We are going into summer here as well so mornings are afternoons and winter is summer. I have been off the 57 Grid for a while, looking but not posting. I have been a little distracted with my new project, a '55 F100, Heidts Super ride suspension, 4 link rear end, Stroked 302 blah blah. I have to say that the 57fordsforever forum is more social than the F100 forum. The 57 wagon is in dock at the moment, a bit of a leak from the sump, its a wedding car a couple of times after Christmas and I don't want to leak oil onto the church's new concrete. Looks like a pinched gasket, so an easy fix. I will continue to check the Morning Coffee forum to see what is happening in your worlds.     

Ecode70D

Rich
    So you're the person who ended up with the prototype vehicle that was built for the two way traffic back and forth in the Sumner tunnel from Boston to East Boston.  I heard that it took a couple of hits and had  a lot of amateur repairs.  That's the reason they built a parallel tunnel so that there is  one way traffic in  each tunnel.   Do you remember those days?
  Jay

RICH MUISE

Jay...haven't been in Boston for 25 years at least...I know they did that massive project many years ago (90's?)...did that eliminate the Sumner / Calhan Tunnels? By the way, I finally remembered to pack up the visor delete...I'll get it to the Post Office tommorrow.
Al...I'll probably never get to do another project, but if I did it would more than likely be a 50's pickup...55-56 Ford or 53-4 Chev. Sounds like you've got yours going in the right direction. Post anytime..I should have called this thread "breaktime" or something without a time of day reference. I was having my morning coffee when I started it, so... Anyways, glad you let us know what you've been up to. If I remember, your wagon was a family project with your boys..same with the '55? btw..watched a friend install a '95 Lincoln Mark viii independent rear clip into a '56 pickup...nice setup and surprisingly easy.

hiball3985

I like the morning coffee both at home and here. While having my first cup Santa informed me SHE wasn't going to get me sway bars for Xmas  :005: Before the first cup was finished I ordered them myself  :003:
Last year I didn't take the Xmas lights down so at least I don't have to fool with that this year.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

sprink88

I think I may have to order my own Christmas presents too this year. I am shopping for the best deals right now.  :003:. I dont want much really, just some flipper style Brodie knobs and a fox tail for the antenna.

Speaking of antennas, mine is on the front pass fender, is there another location where it also went? I was told they vary because its a dealer installed item.

ps, oh and maybe order some dummy spots too
~Chris

Zapato

Brodie nobs in my area they were called necker nobs. Bought a car when I was 16 yrs old had ome had to be from the 50s with a auburn haired beauty in a bathing suit embedded in clear plastic. I thought it was pretty neat so left it on, dad advised against it. A few weeks later friend and I were trying to see if we could get car (51 willys) stuck in a muddy deep rutted road with all kinds of boulders thrown in. We were having a great time till one of the front tires bounced off one of the boulders and the steering wheel spun hard right and just about ripped my thumb off. At least it felt like it had thumb ans surounding area heavily bruised and ached for days, That necker knob was removed before heading home and remained in the glove box till the willys was sold. Hope the next owner wasn't foolish enough to re-install it.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

sprink88

Yeah Zap I hear ya on that. That is why I am getting the flipper one so it is not a thumb catcher while driving, but up during car shows. I have a friend who is a "retired" pin up model who is going in it.

~Chris

hiball3985

Zap, you don't hear much about the Willys cars but I had a friend with three 52's. We drove one to Vegas for New Years and on the way back it blew a timing gear. The desert was covered in snow and freezing. Being pre cell phone/roadside call box days 1969 we had to hitch a ride. The guy that picked us up had a pickup truck and made us ride in the bed. Long story about the rest of the trip home but we drove my 57 back the next weekend and replaced the timing gear on the side of the road still covered in snow. The last time I saw they guy was in about 1980 and he was still driving it..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Limey57

We've just spent two hours putting up the Christmas tree & decorations.....  Nothing guaranteed to cause arguments more than making sue everything is in the right place!  I would have left it for a couple of weeks but my daughter was getting kinda impatient.

Also been monitoring the news over here as a police helicopter dropped out of the sky and went through the roof of a crowded bar in Glasgow, Scotland.  Eight confirmed dead so far and no clues (yet) as to what happened but the theories so far are a gearbox failure causing it to drop like a stone.
Gary

1957 Ranchero