News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

CPO initiation required a vast store house of knowledge of trivial information gathered from the many rounds at the club plus an indepth study of all things nautical......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ford Blue blood

Bad start to the day!  Paper is wet!  Coffee is good and hot!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

...must be everyone is starring at rain, ice and snow

RICH MUISE

Yep...I know you northern guys hate to listen to us southern guys bitchin' about the cold, but it's cold...got down to 2 last night..it's now 18.Fortunatly not much wind though. Can't remember the last time a weather front hit such a large part of the country..seems like almost all of it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

410ranchero

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-06 08:21
Yep...I know you northern guys hate to listen to us southern guys bitchin' about the cold, but it's cold...got down to 2 last night..it's now 18.Fortunatly not much wind though. Can't remember the last time a weather front hit such a large part of the country..seems like almost all of it.

2 degrees? man that is cold! Its 32 and raining here, supposed to be in the high teens tonight, and of course we are headed to Nashville to see the Rockettes. I'd imagine the ice will knock out the power for a while. We have a little generator to run some things though. If all else fails there will be a motel somewhere with power and a heated pool!

Ona  good note I did get all the PPE needed to spray urethan paint in my shop and got a good deal on a TCI sizzler convertor(2200-2500 stall)

hiball3985

Any one want to guess who Miss Lube Rack 1955 was?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Miss Lube Rack.....Lou Brock's wife?  nevermind, that was bad. She sure looks familiar. I'd really like one of their oil cans though.

JimNolan

Please don't say Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi would have been 11 years old when this photo was taken.
I take that back, Pelosi was born in 1940 I think I read. She would have been 15 years old. Still not her.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

sprink88

lol! Miss lube rack is a looker so it can't be Pelosi. LOL

Morning coffee, just getting ready to walk out and go work our locals Kids Christmas party.. Then to the ice Fishing show after.
~Chris

hiball3985

Quote from: JimNolan on 2013-12-07 08:41
Please don't say Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi would have been 11 years old when this photo was taken.
I take that back, Pelosi was born in 1940 I think I read. She would have been 15 years old. Still not her.
OK, then I was mislead, damn you can't believe anything on the net. Sorry guys.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JimNolan

The photo was taken in 1951 at the Muller Brothers Oldsmobile Tires and Carwash in Los Angeles, California by Life Magazine.  The photo was one of many that appeared in a photo documentary about the world's largest automotive service station.   The idea for the beauty contest was to celebrate the 3,000,000th vehicle to go through the car wash.  This according to a May 16, 2012 article published in the blog site of John Straub.
So she would have been 11 years old. We may never know who this woman was. I know she didn't live near me, I'd have remembered.

hiball3985

I ran across that picture during my search for old Ford advertising I'm collecting. I thought these were some nice ones also from Life and Sat Evening Post mag.

JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JimNolan

I wish they still made the big Life magazines. Seemed they documented life and were enjoyable to look at and read.

hiball3985

On a more somber note lets not forget today was the day we were attacked at Pearl Harbor and take a moment to remember those who were lost..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Amazingly void of any mention on the internet. Today, 72 years ago, sure changed the world. My dad, and all my US citizen uncles, fought in WWII, fortunatly they all came home.