News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Working on it before moving.  Not living in the debris is great.  Driving twenty miles to work on something for an hour only to run back to the other place for tools and/or materials.  Get back to Home1 with a few minutes to relax with some car stuff only to need a tool that's back at Home2.  I'm fortunate to have the option not to live it the mess but it is getting old.  I'd really like to get moved and start building the new man cave garage.  Down sizing from 4000 sq ft of garage to less than 900 sq ft is going to be a major challenge.  Zoning won't allow bigger.

Frankenstein57

Got some payback help on my investment house, my brother in law came down from Northern Wisconsin and refinished the hardwood floors. I'm always working on their stuff when I'm visiting, so this worked out. I fixed his truck, right rear caliper was sticking, put it in the shop and turned the heat on, all in all it was a good trade :icon_bigsmurf:

RICH MUISE

Ha...the only time we see our relatives is when they need something. Gonna be another nice day today...high 50's, maybe 60. Gotta get out to the garage and cuss some more at my shifter installation.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 Ford Kustom

Just got done shoveling, and snow blowing. We received 18" of snow last night! Boy, I need another cup of joe! Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

LAUDY57

Well, on a lighter note, had a tough morning -had to finally garbage my old, comfy, shop workshirt. You know the one, greasy, ripped, full of weld slag holes -the one I had to hide away from my significant other who believes fashion-wise is more important than comfortable and practical. Still got a pic about 45 yrs ago of me sitting beside her with my new shirt on before we were even married, what a beauty that shirt (oh yeah, and her of course)!
'scuse me, I think I feel a teary eye happening, some things are difficult.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

gasman826

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-12-15 11:49
Just got done shoveling, and snow blowing. We received 18" of snow last night! Boy, I need another cup of joe! Tim :unitedstates:

More's coming!!!!!!!!

RICH MUISE

another unusual but really handy tool. This one is a small brake (as in sheetmetal bending) tool for small pieces...Fits in a vise with magnets. Got it at Harbor Freight a few years ago...15ish. Has 3 seperate dies for a total width of 5"...there's just 2 of the 3 installed in the pic.

hiball3985

That's a cool tool Rich, I had never seen one but I don't go to Harbor Freight, but I might get one of those..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I would never had been able to get the stuff done on my car I've done without Harbor Freight. No exageration....The good/lifetime tools are just not in my reach...and more specifically, I'm an old guy, I don't need them to last "a lifetime"....just one project. You just have to be carefull..there's the good, the bad, and the ugly. That said, If I were a pro, you wouldn't find HF stuff in my toolbox.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-16 07:47
I would never had been able to get the stuff done on my car I've done without Harbor Freight. No exageration....The good/lifetime tools are just not in my reach...and more specifically, I'm an old guy, I don't need them to last "a lifetime"....just one project. You just have to be carefull..there's the good, the bad, and the ugly. That said, If I were a pro, you wouldn't find HF stuff in my toolbox.
I understand that Rich I'm in the same old boat and don't need to invest in tools I'll only use once or for a short time. The main reason I don't go to HF is there isn't one locally.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

YIKES!!! I went out at 6:30 to haul the trash cans to the street and found cops in my backyard looking at the wife's car. They were looking for a stolen car, the car is light green but with a little morning mist on it looked silver like the car they were looking for. Short pleasant conversation and away they went.. I better go back outside and get the day started before it gets to hot, suppose to be 83 today...
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

6cyl57

Here's the top chop job i posted earlier. This job is 2 fold
In the lower half i also raised the floor so inside will be all one height ..
Started last week of August

RICH MUISE

That's a job and a half. You've got your hands full for a while...Great progress though for an August start....hope you got the roof on before snow flew! Great work..you doing this yourself?

6cyl57

Thanks.  I hired the roof trusses and sheeting. My wife and I have done most of the rest. Had a few Buddy's help me stand a 21 foot wall that had all the plywood on it. The weather cooperated very well. I did get it all weathered in before the snow and rain. We were on edge of a couple of tornadoes and had no issues with it.

Zapato

Always good to beat the weather, we added on to our house a couple years back, had the roofing delivered on the roof and on a sunny tuesday a couple of friends showed up unannounced to help put it on. Wrapped it up in a few hours then on wednesday we got hit with an unexpected all day rain shower that had not been forecast to hit our area.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72