News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hotroddonnie

Wow! That's a nice collection Peter, I have one it's posted on the front page under "you've seen it before".

petew

Thanks, they are all very different from each other which makes it fun to drive them.

Zapato

Wow! its the New Year and everybody has given up coffee!

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Seems like it doesn't it. With the new year starting, a few weeks ago I got to wondering about what I actually got accomplished in '13. Usually at the end of the year, I'm thinking I once again didn't get as much done as I had hoped, but this year was  better than usual. I got to realizing since I take so darn many pics, and my computer files them by date, I could go back into my pic archives to mid December of '12 and actually see what I got done in the last year. I was actually kinda amazed at what I did get done on the '57 considering I spent the entire summer working on the house, 3 weeks in Phoenix, and my decrepid old age. I started writing the stuff down on a small piece of paper..ended up with a few sheets. Anyway, made me feel good...like maybe there was hope of getting this thing finished up some day....but I ain't making any New Year's resolutions.
opps..forgot the prodding...So, what about you guys? Did you get accomplished what you had hoped. What did you get done last year?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

What was nice about LAST YEAR already was working out in the shop, heater on and Christmas music on the stereo. Real peaceful.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-01-01 19:45
Wow! its the New Year and everybody has given up coffee!

Zap- :unitedstates:

Nope....have a cup, first morning home after being on the road.  Reflecting on things accomplished during 2013 did produce a long list for me as well.  Reflecting back it was a real good year, only weddings of family, no family funerals (common occurance for us old guys), no injuries, no illnesses and no break downs over the many miles of travel.

Down side was three funerals for "car guys", all friends, all gone much too early.  Didn't get as much done as I wanted, the "round tuits stack up much too easy now that every day is Saturday.  But there is always 2014  :003:.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

On my second cup, I like having an automatic maker so it's already made when I wake up. On the road soon to take the grand kids back to San Diego and will require a nap when I return.
I feel I got most of things done in 2013 but typically I scratch one thing off the endless list and add two more..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

petew

Came in from the garage for my second cup. Listening to all of the hoopla on tv surrounding the snow storm approaching our old home in Connecticut. Glad we are out of there !

RICH MUISE

Just started on my second pot. We've got a cold front coming in for a few days later tonight. I'm wondering how our Northeast guys are doing with the storm...Jay, Tim, Lou...did you guys get buried?
Jeff...I needed to look at an assembled '57 this week..new years day actually...went over to John Strombergs to see if he was home. He was, and we spent an interesting hour or so just chatting. I told him you said Hi. He's sorta starting on his ranchwagon next week. He's trading a paint job on a friends '40 pickup for some mechanical work on the wagon. He's moving the wagon to the garage where both cars will be worked on. It's gonna be light blue with a silver metalflake roof. I like John...seems to be good people.
Today I've got to work on making a mounting bracket for my A/C dryer, as soon as I figure out where it's going to be that is. Also gotta start getting the patchwork on my air intake smoothed off for painting. I may end up get it powder coated, or have it mylar coated...looked at some really good looking engine stuff mylared last year at a swap meet.
ooops.... not a mylar coating I was talking about. it is a water transfer, or hydrographics. here is the website for the stuff I saw last year (in Phoenix).. www.cgskustoms.com   Kinda interesting how it's done.

hiball3985

Got this from Jay this morning. I doesn't look good up there. Just reading it made me want to take my shorts off and look for long pants  :003:
     It's about  8:15 EST
      Our electricity survived the blizzard so far..  Some people have none .   
      The temp in Boston is  01 degree  with a wind chill of about 15 to 25 below zero.       
      We rec. about 14-16 inches of snow.
       The winds are 48-60 MPH 
       Looking out the window I can't see the street because of the blowing snow.
       Oops!   I just saw a vehicle drive past the house and I could barely see the tops of the wheels, so that
   means the plows have plowed me in as usual. 
       Looks like the posi traction that I installed in my 57 Custom ain't going to help me today so I'll leave it
in the garage.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

petew

Rich, How does that hydrographics  stand up to wear and tear ? And when you say mylar does that mean that they do a chrome like coating too ?

Pete

RICH MUISE

Forget my mention of mylar..that was the oops. As far as durability, the water transfer will scratch. The "printing" is coated with a clear coat after it dries, and they say, so durability is about the same as the paint on your car. If I decide on a solid color I'll just either paint it or have it powder coated. I need to talk to the powder coat gut about the plastic...it may not be doable. I was thinking the black carbon fibre look if I went with the water transfer. They've got some pretty good descriptions of how it's done, durability, etc. even some pricing guidelines.

LAUDY57

I think I saw an example of that "carbon fibre" look at the Pavillion show in Phoenix in November. I was looking under the hood of this Datson (chrome everything under the hood and about 18" sub-woofers where the back seat should have been) and I saw the inner fender panels looking like carbon fibre as well as some engine pieces. I couldn't believe someone would put that material all in a sort-of-stock semi-car so I tapped the fenderwell lightly with my fingernail. Well, the young owner was nearby and started on me yelling that "I don't like no one touching my car" so I apologized and asked if it was carbon fibre but all I got was a 2 repeats of all the vocabulary that he knew about anybody touching his car. It felt like metal when I tapped it but because it was at night with little lighting I couldn't be sure, and I sure wasn't going to touch any other pieces!
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

BWhitmore

I am pretty sure most of you have seen the show Wheeler Dealer that is produced in England.  They were restoring a Range Rover and wanted to change the interior trim pieces to a carbon fiber look.  Mike Brewer went to a company in England where they showed the entire process of doing a wet application of the carbon fiber like material by simply laying the "Mylar like" material on the part, dipping it into a tank and there it was , a part that looked just like real carbon material. 

57 Ford Kustom

Rich, all fine here in Vermont, we only recieved 12" of snow in this storm. The temp right now is -15 degrees, with the wind chill it is -35! The bulk of the snow went south of us, right on top of Jay. I pray things are well with him and our other north eastern members.
Thanks,
Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.