News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

That's the one I was thinking of..laughed my butt off watching Jeremy's episode with that car.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

So was the Reliant the micro car they loaded into the elevator and drove thru the Top Gear office?

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-01-13 10:43
So was the Reliant the micro car they loaded into the elevator and drove thru the Top Gear office?

zap- :unitedstates:

No, that was basically a modified electric wheelchair.  The Reliant's were roughly the same size as an "original" English Mini (not the new BMW derived one).  Got to be careful what I say as it might give the impression I'm into cars that have a wheel missing!  :003:
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Zapato

Found myself wasting a lot of time on 3wheelers.com thanks to these posts. Have to say though been in love with Morgan trikes for over 40 years, would gladly drive one anytime. Wouldn't you Gary?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

I'd love to have a drive in a genuine Morgan trike, but wouldn't own one, I'd feel a bit vulnerable mixing with the trucks on the freeway!  There was one built in the 60's (a Bond I think) where the engine was mounted to the front heel  reverse was obtained by turning the steering wheel until the front wheel was 180 degrees round.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

guess what I found searching through my long list of favorites for something else....Jeremy's episode with the Reliant Robin. It runs a half hour or so, but funnier then heck.
OOppps....it's been deleted by Youtube because of copywrite infringement. Well, that's one I can take off my favorites list.

Limey57

Heres a few V8 ones (seriously!):

The first runs a Rover 3.5 litre (this is the old Buick 215ci V8 that Rover bought from Buick in the 60's)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=za0uCTNGL4A&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dza0uCTNGL4A

The second is the 4 wheeled version of the Reliant Robin

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=za0uCTNGL4A&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dza0uCTNGL4A
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

410ranchero

Coffee in Germany this morning, heading the right way atleast! I should have a new Detroit locker waiting for me at the house, and some chirstmas presents which are about 95% tools to help me get moving on the body stuff.

Frankenstein57

Hadn't heard from you, I figured you were in some distant country. I was laying in bed at 10:30 last night , my son calls, he went off the road in the snow, down an embankment and up against a tree. He's ok, car is good. I picked up 4 like new tires mounted on Taurus wheels for $200 on craigslist, better get them on this weekend. The flatbed driver said heck yeah I take cash, I gave him $80 I had in my wallet, all good.     Mark

57 Ford Kustom

This was my second day in Texas, beautiful state! Not as warm as I thought it would be in San Antonio, but warmer than Vermont! My boy looks great, and today he officially became an Airman in the USAF! I'm so proud of my son!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

Congratulations to your son and you. Glad you got to visit him.  :unitedstates:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I keep saying Texas is a dificult climate, LOL. Glad your enjoying your trip and got to see your boy.

57 Ford Kustom

Thank you all, now that the shock is over I will be hitting the town to check out the sites (car watching) lol! My Dad was right, these fly boys have some fast cars! Mustangs, and chargers dominate the base, very few X brand.
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Thor

Congrats and Kudos to your son Kustom. I did the same (became an airman) July of 1983 and was the best decision I ever made (next to marrying the wife :laughing7:) What does he plan to do in the Airforce?