News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

we're only gonna have a high of 21 today...too cold to even try and get my garage warmed up with the wind. That's ok though, I need a break from the '57 projects anyways. I've been in one of those one step forward and two steps backwards for a week or so now...time to step back from it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

modifieddriver

Quote from: JimNolan on 2014-01-23 08:16
Just got through canceling my annual check to the "Stop Global Warming Charity". Now I remember why I didn't vote for Al Gore.

Just think about the mentality of the morons that did vote for him and the current guy.

Cold here in the teens.  Have to turn on some ceramic heaters to make sure the plumbing in the garage doesn't freeze.  No snow yet.  Frequently we get that during the month of March.  When it starts snowing close to Atlanta, we know we're in trouble.

If ya' really want it, all ya' have to do is "STEP- UP"

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-01-23 08:01
Miami...hmmm..wonder what all the Canadians are doing in Miami.

Can't believe you have to ask its so obvious,they're eating Cuban sandwiches and sounds like they're washing them down with ''Cuba Libres''.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Zapato

Quote from: 410ranchero on 2014-01-23 07:19
. Lots of frozen pipes(I've lucked out and only had one so far).

Hope you're right, in my experience you're really never sure and when you start to relax you hear water running in a wall or in a crawl space. Then the fun begins.

Zapato

sprink88

Rich, 21 is perfect to start warming up the garage. lol

I need to look up a Cuban Sandwich
~Chris

RICH MUISE

not in my uninsulated garage with the wind blowing. Wind chill as we speak is -4, suppose to be mid 50's tommorrow. go figure....
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-01-23 08:01
17 degrees here in N Texas with a brisk wind. 410Ranchero..Your Nashville trip sounds pretty good...maybe it'll be warmer there. lol.
Bieber files update: Justin Bieber was arrested in Miami last night for dui and dragracing. I wonder who he was dragracing....DONNIE..? Donnie is in Miami...hmmm..wonder what all the Canadians are doing in Miami.
LOL. No not racing Bieber, just keeping warm for a couple more days.

Limey57

Just watched the forecast for the weekend and its going to get colder with the possibility of snow on Monday, great.....

On the upside I picked my crank up from the machine shop yesterday (10 thou grind) & just placed an order with Summit for bearings, valve seals etc so going to sit by the window and wait for the postman!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Zapato

Can't complain weather wise we had a couple weeks of heavy fog now a few days of clear sunny skies, dropping below freezing at night. So we wake up now to heavy frost that's been burning off by mid morning and temps reaching mid 40s. Actually just for grins mowed my front lawn yesterday and cleaned out flower beds. Daffodils are just starting to break ground.

Zapato

410ranchero

All this talk of Cuban sandwiches made me hungry.  The wife and tried a new place in nashville and they had a Cuban on the menu.  It was great!

My gas cylinder is filed with c25. I got a new cart for my welder and accessories and spent yesterday getting my shop half way organized.  I'll have to get some shelves and more pipe this weekend to get it finished.  I decided to move my aircompressor outside,  and install hose reels.  It's turning out nice but in true project fashion is running at budget x2.

I did play around with my new paint guns (Xmas from the mrs). I was very pleased with the results and I think they are great. Of course I have zero experience to base this off of. But they layed down Valspar thinned 5% very nicely on the new roof for my compressor.

Ford Blue blood

Welcome home first of all, had many home commings during my time.  You will never regret have that NOISE maker out side!  After years of having it in the garage and putting up with the noise I decided when my shop got set up that thing was going to go outside.  Best move I ever made!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

410ranchero

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2014-01-27 14:22
Welcome home first of all, had many home commings during my time.  You will never regret have that NOISE maker out side!  After years of having it in the garage and putting up with the noise I decided when my shop got set up that thing was going to go outside.  Best move I ever made!

Thanks!

It was really nice sunday night (65 no wind) and then moday morning it was 22, its currently 7 degrees with a 10 mph wind. I really should insulate and finish my shop, but it usually is only like this for a few weeks.

petew

Advancing age has made me a wimp , if it's to cold or to hot I can't get anything done. So when I built this shop climate control and good lighting were tops on my list.

Frankenstein57

I went out and got some quality shop time Sunday, its been below zero all week. My furnace will heat the shop ok, but it'll run non-stop, just have to wait for this to blow through.

Zapato

just figures,open up an outside wall and it starts to rain.

And James I really appreciate the scolding, it sure has worked on my latest thread on steering. Thanks!
Zapato