News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I know a bunch of you guys are also into, or more appropriatly, HAVE to be into, home remodeling. On my break from '57 stuff I made some shutters for the kitchen window. We had put in new natural maple cabinets a year or two ago. I wanted to do matching woodwork, but maple is 1) hard as hell to find
2) expensive
3) really hard to work with
I found the perfect solution that eliminated all of the above...Aspen! Lowe's sells it, priced about the same as clear pine, works real easy, but a tad more dent resistant than pine, and has a grain and coloring indistinguishable from maple. So if any of your wives are wanting maple... The window trim and shutters are the aspen, the cabinets maple...what'cha think?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

Looks good from where I'm sittin Rich

RICH MUISE

Jay..you dug out of the snow yet?

57 Ford Kustom

That New England farmers blood is showing through Rich! Lol! Beautiful job!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

electricalan

Nice work on the shutters,they look great.I have been remodeling houses on the side for 25 years and I  dont think I could do better.I have used that wood for the same reasons.Great job.
                                                                          Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

RICH MUISE

Thanks guys..I sure do miss my shop I had when I was in the Custom picture framing business. An old cheap chop saw and table saw that's been outside for 5 years makes projects a bit more challenging.

RICH MUISE

I guess somebody didn't like my shutters...I got another smite today....wonder what I did this time.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-02-17 22:22
I guess somebody didn't like my shutters...I got another smite today....wonder what I did this time.
You never know if you stepped on someones toes or they just hit the wrong button.
The shutters look nice to me.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-02-16 18:52
He was trying to talk me into a wiring harness like he's using that is custom made including reprogramming the computer, and when it's received, he'll only need to hook up a dozen or so wires.

Rich, can you get more information on this harness? Sounds interesting and for me simpler is always better.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

I'll get a contact number for you..may take a few days. It's not an off-the-shelf item such as a Ron Francis or Painless harness would be for a specific engine. Rather, it is an individual who adapts the oem harnesses and computer for people wanting specific usages and features. Whoever this person is, apparently he was one of the main men for another similar service company and recently left to start his own business. Kip used the original company to make a harness for a 4.6 sohc into a '56 'Bird last year, and is now talking to the same guy, but now working for himself, for the 4.6 dohc into a '36 chevy.

410ranchero

Well my compressor project is finally finished(couple days ago actually). I rewarded myself with a trip to the ER, thought I had pneumonia again. Little anitbiotics and starting to get back on my feet again. Started today getting all my removed parts hung up on the wall to gain more floor space. I got both doors up and the front fenders. I should have the bumpers up tomorrow and one step closer to actually working on the car again.

jumping jack flash

Take it easy there 410. There will be time to get er done, but only if you are alive. Take some time off to get well.

RICH MUISE

canadian_ranchero

i am still alive,had to sell my ranchero.but i am looking at a nice county sedan.will post pictures if i buy it

Zapato

welcome back! been wondering where you wandered off to, sorry your Ranchero went down the road.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72