News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

AWESOME you're back!!, Canadian (Gary wasn't it?). You made my day. Sorry you had to give up your Ranchero..that's a real bummer, but glad your in the market for a new one. When you get a chance, check out the "4.6 being installed now" thread in the engines section. Being a newbie at this stuff, it's been a long slow process, but I'm a 100% glad I went that route and I've gotta say, if it weren't for you, I never would have started it in the first place. Thank you for the encouragement you gave me way back when.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Last night I went to hang out with some of the local yokels and one of them showed up with a beautiful 57 4 door wagon, restored all original, 312 auto trans, yellow and white. He is also building a Ranchero. He's an old fart like me but when I mentioned joining the site and he realized it required a computer he started shaking in his shoes  :003:

Another guy showed up with a 61 Starliner, 390/401hp. He just got it and had removed all the trim getting it ready for paint. He left before dark, it didn't even have headlights or taillights.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

LAUDY57

Just got in from a day at the Nationals in Phoenix. WOW! It's been many years since I was at a top event and it was impressive, right from watching John Force's funny car been unloaded in the morning to him doing a 3.99 second run later in the day! I'd forgotten the thunder from the fuel cars, sure shakes you all over.
Impressed with all the dragsters self starting and driving all thru the pits, they must have started a dozen times while making their way thru the staging lanes with no charging systems. This all wouldn't mean much to you guys that attend these events often but I was sure amazed all day long at all the sights and sounds.
Loved the wheel standing SS class but have decided that I don't like throttle stop racing at all, cars idling a third of the way down the track then the computer cutting in and away they go. I just like the door to door stuff. Going on this qualifying day was good because you see all the cars and we were able to stand in the top row of the stands to watch the track or look down at all the cars in the staging lanes behind. Even got to choke and eye sting with a nitro car warming up in their pit. Awesome!
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

LAUDY57

Went to a car show in Chandler today, over 200 cars there but not one 57 (or 55,56). A couple of Thunderbolts and lots of nice rods though. This time of year there's a lot of people here especially from where it's still cold like some of you guys have talked about. It would be nice to have a fenderless rod to drive here with no real bad weather problems, sure lots of speed and custom shops here, makes me drool over what is available to buy - all it takes is cash.

sprink88

How you mentioned 55 and 56 with the 57. I have seen other people refer to 55-56-57 as the Ford tri-5's. But I think the 57-58-59 are more similar. Does anyone else agree with me on this? Or am I missing something?
~Chris

Frankenstein57

I would agree, the 57 was completely different from the 55 and 56. Its basically the same car as the 58, the 59 I think ford and Chevy were having an ugly contest and ford won. But if you roll it over its the same.

RICH MUISE

I just got back from the Decatur swap meet..a 650 mile round trip. Nice swap meet..packed with vendors and buyers. Saw lots of stuff being moved by the parts haulers. One rusty '57 Fairlane for sale. got up to 75..perfect day.
Interesting happening..I stopped at a plater's booth, lots of wrapped bumpers, grilles. etc. I noticed there was no banner on his booth, no literature, busness cards, etc. I saw one package was marked '57 Ford grille so I asked to look at it. He told me he wouldn't unwrap it..too much work to rewrap...wth?? (300. btw)Thankfully, I just walked away. At the other end of the swap meet was the booth for the plater I had bought my near flawless front bumper from( The Bumper Shop). I told him about the other plater/grille he wouldn't unwrap. He said, oh "that's ( can't remember the name he told me), I'm surprised he's here..he's got people all over the country looking to hurt him." I asked if that the guy all the Hamb members were looking for..he said yeah.
Anyway, The Bumper Shop had a really nice '57 grille..all 3 pieces.. for 380. , So I bought it. He didn't get grouchy when I asked to look at it!
The Bumper Shop should not be confused with the Bumper Boys...The Boys are one of the ones you hear about problems so often.

RICH MUISE

Lorne....sounds like you're having a great trip..how long you gonna be in Phoenix? If all goes according to plan, I'll be there on the 6th or 7th for the Goodguys show. Did you go to the Pavillion Cruise last night?

F570RD

"got up to 75..perfect day". That's months away here.I'd like to see the changes made to the Phoenix track.Sure was run down in 2000.Also cool to see two FE Fords at the top of qualifying in Stock Eliminator.Back to the garage with coffee in hand for a day of work and racing.

canadian_ranchero

looks like i will own a county sedan,will know for sure next week.this is a original 70,000 mile 223 std.i kept all my 4.6 stuff when i sold my ranchero,what to do,what to do?

LAUDY57

Rich, looks like we might miss meeting again, we're renting a car and leaving Phoenix on the 6th for the Vegas race, then some sightseeing before back to Phoenix.
There are shows all most every night here and will be going to the Pavillion cruise once so I can get some night LED lights pics.
C. Ranchero "what to do" is right, I'm looking at Craiglist today and drooling over some early Ford pickups! Geez, money is always easy to spend when you don't have it!

hiball3985

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2014-02-23 11:11
looks like i will own a county sedan,will know for sure next week.this is a original 70,000 mile 223 std.i kept all my 4.6 stuff when i sold my ranchero,what to do,what to do?
I know what I would do but to each his own. I'm having enough problem with my own what to do. I've been debating taking over my younger sons project of a 70 Cadillac convertible. I've worked at quite a few different occupations but never a pimp  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Lorne..keep me posted if things change. If you run into any must-see stuff in Phoenix, let me know. I'm looking for stuff to do between the Goodguys show and a few baseball games. I'm not into the racing stuff though..sounds like that's your primary thing. I am planning going to go out to lake Havasu to visit pure choice motorsports....that would be on sorta on your way to Vegas from Phoenix.

LAUDY57

Roger-Dodger Rich. I'm going to look at a '50 pickup tomorrow morning, this is scary- I've told my wife I will start selling stuff, I'm bad at adding projects without finishing stuff. Hm-m-m-m.
We also want to catch a baseball game, don't know which one yet.

RICH MUISE

I've been to the Rockies/Diamondbacks new spring complex a few times..beautiful park..and very close to the pavilion cruise. I may try to catch a game at another park this time..maybe the Cubs(?) park in Surprise...much closer to where we'll be staying. LOL..hate the Phoenix traffic, and it seems everything I want to do is on the other side of Phoenix. Desert Valley Auto Parts usually has a bunch of nice project vehicles for sale at their garage Facility and their North salvage parts lot. I can get the addresses for you if you wish.