News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

LAUDY57

The addresses would be great Rich. Don't know which park we'll go to. I agree about the traffic here. It's interesting how the traffic after the races (drag and oval) is handled here. After the NASCAR race last year we thought we were going to be in Palm Springs before we got back on the highway to head back southeast. Last weekend, when we left the dragstrip we had to go in about a 7 or 8 mile circle to get right back to the highway exit that we used when we arrived at the track. Forgot to mention, when we walked into the pits on Friday morning we stumbled onto a spot where all the lower class cars were stopping to do the fuel samples. Open header heaven! Standing right next to the cars was great! There was a late model mega cube Hemi Charger that rattled my old bones when it fired up!
There's lots of cruises at night, next one is Friday night in Chandler and in Gilbert then of course the Pavillion on Sat night. It is still kinda weird walking around in the evenings in shirtsleeves at this time of year, sorry to bring this up for anyone dealing with the winter weather, but it sure is pleasant for us none S. Cal guys. Racin' and cruises, almost every day- this place is fantastic!
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

RICH MUISE

Both of the North locations are north of where the 101 crosses I17. I'll try to scan and post a map. OK, that worked. The N21st st number is 22201 N. 21st. If you've seen the Desert Valley shows on TV, that is where they have the auctions and have a handfull of cars there. A few miles North of there is their later model Salvage Yard and project car lot with several hundred cars usually for sale in their project car area. That address is 23811 N 7th ave.
The Casa Grande location is about 60 miles south of Phoenix off I10. This is where the older cars, 80's and older are.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

guaranteed to blow your socks off ...........

www.yahoo.com/news/watch-hennessy-venom-gt-hit-270-mph-video/1400010089html

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

My socks are still on..it would not load. but did watch it this morning on Yahoo. awesome car. Anybody here put their downpayment down on one?

Ford Blue blood

Not yet, can't find the piggy bank..... :005:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Can't be too hard to find if you got enough in it for a hennessey downpayment. It'll be the BIG one.
Cold again here yesterday and today...70 one day, 30's the next, back to 60's, down to 30...at least we get a few warm days now and then.
One week to go before Phoenix...gonna be a long week. We've got a good car show here in town this weekend..the Make-a-wish show. Biggest one in our area annually. Pat and his family usually have some entries.

JimNolan

Quote from: sprink88 on 2014-02-22 20:46
How you mentioned 55 and 56 with the 57. I have seen other people refer to 55-56-57 as the Ford tri-5's. But I think the 57-58-59 are more similar. Does anyone else agree with me on this? Or am I missing something?
The 1957 Ford was the beginning of a whole new type of car. Henry Ford II (whichever one) decided Ford cars needed to appeal to women as much as men because women influenced the purchases made by the men. So, Henry Ford II demanded his engineers design a car that a 5' 2" woman could stand bare footed on the ground and see across the top of the car. They did this by widening the frame and seating the passengers down between the frame. This made the car look wider and definitely lower that the competition. That's also why the front footprint of a 57 is 3" wider than the back. The 57, 58, and 59 enjoy this same concept. Up until this time, cars were built on top of the frame. The 56 only contribution to the 57 as far as body were the power steering rams, rear view mirrors, outside mirrors and ash trays. Those too were changed after the left over 56 parts ran out. BTW: The safety aspect of using the frame to protect the passengers was not a design concept. It was an unintentional asset due to lowering the car.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

57 Ford Kustom

Jim,
   Great info! It is always nice to here the history on our cars. Thanks again!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

Hiball/Bob/Rob....Guys, keep calm, don't panic, but that stuff that may be falling out of the sky in your areas is known in most other parts of the country as......................RAIN.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-02-26 22:12
Hiball/Bob/Rob....Guys, keep calm, don't panic, but that stuff that may be falling out of the sky in your areas is known in most other parts of the country as......................RAIN.
Thanks for refreshing my memory Rich, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the puffy things in the sky that were leaking were  :006:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57AGIN

Rich & hiball3985:

Still waiting for the wet stuff near Long Beach.  Maybe tomorrow. lol

I saw the thread above about going to the Phoenix races.  I must agree the throttle stop 8.90 & 9.90 classes are just not my cup of tea, either.  I understand why heads up racing in the multi-numerous stock classes can no longer be arranged, like they were back in the 60's.  Back then my Mustang ran in a class with 14 or 15 other similarly equipped cars, so heads up racing was what I learned on.  Now days in the stock and super stock classes it isn't unusual to see a 9 second car paired up with a 15 second car.  Both go balls to the wall until the end of the strip and then the brake lights come on.  It's way more fun to watch and race in.  You definitely have to know what your car is capable of running and make sure you run that number consistently.  I really love watching a SS/K 1965 Mustang stand up on the rear bumper when the light turns green, even on the relatively narrow (9" tires I believe) slicks.  John Calvert's CalTrac bars really do work.  Or Ford vs Chevy, Ford vs Mopar, etc.  While the wheelies don't really make the car go any faster, look at the Pro-Stock cars going 6.50's at 200 + mph.  It sure seems more exciting to me.  These photos were taken this year at the Winter Nationals, fun, fun, fun.

Bob
57 AGIN

electricalan

I never get a chance to forget the rain,my basement sump pump has been running for weeks.We have had lots and lots of downpours.Looking forward to july and august when we have several days without rain.Usually always rains on the fourth of july though.It must be a fire safety thing.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Zapato

OK! get ready to laugh. Guessing and hoping someone here will have an answer for me. Need to know if a 1971 Pinto 2.0 cylinder head and 2.3 are interchangeable. And if the 1973 Mustang 2.3 head is the same as the pinto. Down to the last nut and bolt.Hopefully someone has a Hollander or other resource manual and can answer this for me.

And no its not going into my 57...........

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-02-27 23:25
OK! get ready to laugh. Guessing and hoping someone here will have an answer for me. Need to know if a 1971 Pinto 2.0 cylinder head and 2.3 are interchangeable. And if the 1973 Mustang 2.3 head is the same as the pinto. Down to the last nut and bolt.Hopefully someone has a Hollander or other resource manual and can answer this for me.

And no its not going into my 57...........

I just knew there had to be one. Ask at their forum maybe.
http://www.fordpinto.com/
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

LAUDY57

Rich, I hope everything works out for your wife and you, what you described is definitely a stress builder.
We'll see what happens, hope for the best.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!