News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

if this was a project car,that would make the decision a lot simpler,but being a nice original 70,000 mile wagon,i am not sure what to do   

hiball3985

I would keep it original if at all possible. The number of modified ones continues to grow and originals are getting as hard to find as hens teeth. If you want a modified one find one that isn't worth saving..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

electricalan

Did you but it because it was a nice project car or because it was a original survivor.I think the attraction might have been how original and unmolested it is.Congradulations on the find.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

RICH MUISE

I took a ride out to Lake Havasu today. About a 350 mile round trip from Phoenix. I went to Pure Choice Motor sports and picked up a few special fittings for the fuel lines and power steering lines...nothing exciting, just expensive. I'll post some pics in the 4.6 thread when I get back home..kinda neat stuff....banjo fittings for the hydroboost and rack, ect. One of the items I needed they were out of stock on, so they machined a couple for me while I waited. A 1/2 hour and they were done!
I also visited a street rod shop...Perfection street rods..I think was the name. Just a few blocks from Pure Choice.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Hey! Rich was In Amarillo yesterday was going o drop by but would have been one heck of a first step from 32,000 feet.

believe you guys are going into a dry spell this summer lots of dry river beds already,

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

We have a causal meeting on Thursday nights of the locals in my little town. With the time change I was able to get some pictures. Two other 57's besides mine but one guy didn't bring his ranch wagon tonight.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Thursday night continued. A few more showed up after dark but they were Chebies also

JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Great pics Jim. I just got back from Phoenix last night right at midnight. I'm sure envious of you guys that live in areas like ca and ariz. that have cruises and meetings going on all the time. I know from the stuff Bob posts there's stuff going on in socal frequently, but I gotta tell ya, Phoenix is stupid crazy with how much there is to do there.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-03-14 09:02
Great pics Jim. I just got back from Phoenix last night right at midnight. I'm sure envious of you guys that live in areas like ca and ariz. that have cruises and meetings going on all the time. I know from the stuff Bob posts there's stuff going on in socal frequently, but I gotta tell ya, Phoenix is stupid crazy with how much there is to do there.
Thanks Rich, I was hoping to get some more but not everyone showed up last night. It seem endless in CA and ARIZ, things happen year round. I had to laugh at the guys scrambling for long sleeves as soon as the sun went behind the building and the temp dropped to 65. We have been at this location for about 3 months, it's McDonalds parking lot but we bring our own pizza, wings and desert  :003:
We have a pretty good size car show once a month on Saturday mornings, I've only gone once. This gang is a splinter group of none ego types that are really pleasant to be around.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I can't say anything, in my old age temperature changes are harder to handle. BTW, you posted pics of your citris trees a while back...I brought back 8 bags of grapefruit. I love going in the back yard and picking a snack/breakfast off the tree!
Another thing about differences in major areas. Two weeks ago I got a price locally of 175-200 for powder coating my gas tank. I got a quote of 70. by Glendale Powdercoating! I told him what the Amarillo price was, he laughed and said "I guess he doesn't have much competition out there"

hiball3985

Same here, but I have a harder time with the heat and it's suppose to get up to 90 this weekend  :005:.
Thats a huge difference in prices, I wonder if the same applies to chrome. I haven't had anything chromed in years but the guys say the prices are outrageous now here in CA.

I found a picture from one of the other guys from a previous week that had the 57 wagon in it. He is also building a Ranchero. I was some what amazed at having three 57's in our area.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-03-14 09:45
I can't say anything, in my old age temperature changes are harder to handle. BTW, you posted pics of your citris trees a while back...I brought back 8 bags of grapefruit. I love going in the back yard and picking a snack/breakfast off the tree!
Another thing about differences in major areas. Two weeks ago I got a price locally of 175-200 for powder coating my gas tank. I got a quote of 70. by Glendale Powdercoating! I told him what the Amarillo price was, he laughed and said "I guess he doesn't have much competition out there"
Just an after thought after just picking a few oranges and grapefruit. I have more then we can use and give away a lot of it. Many of the people I know who use high blood pressure meds say they can't eat grapefruits.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hotroddonnie

Nice to see some spring car show pictures, and yes I'm still alive if anyone cares! I've been working nights and detailing my car between sleep Thursday the 20th I trailer my car to the Megaspeed car show about an hour from where I live. (No its not a trailer queen) I need to trailer it because we will still have salt on the roads. I will post pictures of the show by Monday night. hope all goes well. HRD

dgasman

Jim,

When do they hold the Saturday get together ? Would like to go in the near future . Do they do the Thursday get together every Thursday ?
Did you ever go to the get together at Rudy's bean pot ?
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

hiball3985

Quote from: dgasman on 2014-03-14 11:38
Jim,

When do they hold the Saturday get together ? Would like to go in the near future . Do they do the Thursday get together every Thursday ?
Did you ever go to the get together at Rudy's bean pot ?
I don't remember what Saturday of the month but I'll ask one of the guys. It's held at the AMC or UA theater parking lot under where the 2 and 210 freeway connect, I believe it's Verdugo Blvd. La Canada. There is usually 50-75 cars.
Never been to Rudys yet.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang