News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

When I talk to Jay I always have my little translation book handy  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-05-16 22:40
When I talk to Jay I always have my little translation book handy  :003:

Jim
   You're going to need that  translation book when you do the surprise custom job on my daughter's Volkswagon  convertible and change it into  a pick up truck.  I'm picking up her car today in Boston. Jay   

Jeff Norwell

Make it a Donk Jim!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

sprink88

Donks are so wrong
~Chris

Ecode70D

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2014-05-17 08:19
Make it a Donk Jim!

Jeff
   I need to take my daughter's nice new VW convertible for a week  and she stated to me that when she gets it back, it will probably have no top assy,. so I can bring home long parts , a pickup truck back end  probably going to have ghetto wheels.
    So after talking to Jim, she is going to get her wish.  That ought to cheer her up real well.
     Knowing Jim it's going to be suitable for posting after the nice job he did on my 57 making it into a gasser..Jay

djfordmanjack

so Jay, you're already into Volkswagons also, aren't you ?  :001:
Shouldn't have talked about that too much  :002: Don't worry, VWs are the German Fords  :003:

Not really a problem to understand the Blinkah thang. getting used to all the different accents. One thing though, I have dear friends in Britain, and what are they talking about, and what is their language???  :002: :003:

I'll never forget talking to Sid King of the five Strings ( Texas Rockabilly artist from the 50s) when we met years ago. wuz a bit difficult to understand, but what I got is that he and their family had a 57 Ford back then 'we-h---ll, down on th' fawm in Tex's'

Please go ahead and talk yah tawk, it's fun !  :003:

RICH MUISE

That's funny....as far as the British / Americans go...we're two countries seperated by a common language. I think in general over the last 30 or 40 years many of the unique American accents are gradually disappearing due to us being a very mobil country. Texas drawls are almost non existant any more. LOL...I never could understand my late nephew (Texas born)..I use to tell him to try moving his lips when he talked.
DJ...you amaze me with your knowledge of American culture from the 50's and 60's!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-05-18 08:31
. I think in general over the last 30 or 40 years many of the unique American accents are gradually disappearing  Texas drawls are almost non existant any more. LOL...I never could understand my late nephew (Texas born)..I use to tell him to try moving his lips when he talked.
DJ...you amaze me with your knowledge of American culture from the 50's and 60's!

Günter
    Yes, as rich stated, you do have a real good knowledge of American culture and a firm grasp on the English language.   That's called making an effort.
Rich
     Most likely my Boston accent is not going to disappear in a big hurry.  I don't know how you managed to drop it so well after you left Mass. 

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2014-05-15 23:32
i just found a rebuilt 223 with about 3000 miles on it,it comes with the trans,drive shaft and rear end.came out of a 56 wagon. he did a engine swap.the guy wants $300.the 223 in my car runs good,i do not need it,but.......going saturday to pick it up
pick up went well,the guy had all the invoices for the work done,the carb , dist,gen,starter,water pump,fuel pump and clutch are new or rebuilt.work done in 2001.even got a rebuilt voltage reg. :003: :003: :003:

Ecode70D

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2014-05-18 10:50
pick up went well,the guy had all the invoices for the work done,the carb , dist,gen,starter,water pump,fuel pump and clutch are new or rebuilt.work done in 2001.even got a rebuilt voltage reg. :003: :003: :003:

You scored real good.  With all of that good stuff, I would just build another car around it.

djfordmanjack

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-05-18 08:31
Thanx Rich and Jay. I was just born too late, but that doesn't stop my interest! I am not trying to re-live the 50s/60s because I never was there and it is already 2014. Just trying to understand and get the feeling of the period. makes me feel good.
I have to thank my brilliant English teacher a lot !

Ecode70D

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2014-05-19 03:20
Thanx Rich and Jay. I was just born too late, but that doesn't stop my interest! I am not trying to re-live the 50s/60s because I never was there and it is already 2014. Just trying to understand and get the feeling of the period. makes me feel good.
I have to thank my brilliant English teacher a lot !

Günter
    You are not going to be so thankful when you see what happened to that nice Volkswagon convertible over the week end..  Now it's a tow truck.
     Hiball Jim is the guilty person.   Jay

canadian_ranchero

was looking at the shift linkage today and hidden under the master cylinder was a switch that lined up to the first/reverse lever.could it be i have back up lights?so i pulled off a non back up light rear lens and inside is the back up light wiring and bulb socket,i put in a bulb,put it in reverse and nothing! :005: after some reading i found out that the factory wires it to the lights.turned the lights on put it in reverse and light!!!,now i need to buy new rear lenses 

RICH MUISE

That was a nice discovery...and working to boot!
We got some much needed rain last night, and fortunatly none of the posible large hail that was in the forcast. I was going to have to work on the house siding today..but it's just too muddy out there...guess I'll be forced to work on the '57 today...Dang!

RICH MUISE

Just got a few hours of much needed heavy rain.....I just know I'll have to work on the car again.
I just noticed this thread just passed the 9,000 reads point.... :booty: