News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

LOL...seems like I'm getting really redundant here....it's been raining here for 4 or 5 days now...a real good type of rain..4 inches or so scattered over those days so plenty of time in between downpours for the much needed soaking-in rather than runoff.
I was working on one section of one side of my house last week when the rain started..fortunatly, after pulling off the siding and trim and rebuilding the framing, I had insulated and got the entire section covered with housewrap. The housewrap is keeping everything dry.
LOL..one of those "I can't believe I did that" things...I had a long power cord run over to that side of the house, and had coiled it up and tossed into my wheelbarrow, which is now 2/3 full of water. I realized the cord was now totally submerged, and fortunatly before I did anything with it, my old brain was telling me the other end was still plugged in to the outdoor power outlet! I haven't checked yet, but I'm guessing the circuit breaker is flipped.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-05-26 08:26
LOL..one of those "I can't believe I did that things"...I had a long power cord run over to that side of the house, and had coiled it up and tossed into my wheelbarrow, which is now 2/3 full of water. I realized the cord was now totally submerged, and fortunatly before I did anything with it, my old brain was telling me the other end was still plugged in to the outdoor power outlet!

The stuff murder mysteries are made of, good thing you only did one ''that things''.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

motorhead6

New to the '57 Forum. Been trying to revive a pretty far gone Ranchero for the past couple of months. Probably be another year or so. I live near Jacksonville, Fl and need some parts. Inner fenders, front bumper braces, grille, inside window frame.

I plan on a 292 and Ford-O-Matic. Probably just use a 2V. Sort of mulling over colors, but thinking pretty hard about white and persimmon.

Any advice?

Ford Blue blood

Welcome aboard.  Lucky thing is all you are looking for is readily available. 

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for info...there is a veritable encyclopedia right here on this board.  Some one here has done it or knows some one that did and can help you out of "sticky" places.  We vary from bone stock resorations to all out performance.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hotroddonnie

Welcome from the Canadian side. Any advise that I can give would be, allow a lot more time on your build then originally planned! Keep things going even when your at a stand still either because your waiting on something or someone. While mine was at the fabricators I was cleaning and painting parts, ordering parts I knew I would need and bought them when I could save a buck. I had my interior finished 4 years before I had the car done sitting in the basement, only because the guy had time in between two jobs and I saved a few bucks. I pre bought everything that I needed as I could afFORD it, then your not waiting for things and paying extra, you already have them ready to go. HRD

Jeff Norwell

Welcome here.
This is such a great board.All good advice and tech knowledge and very helpful
good luck!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

jumping jack flash

Welcome to the forum. We'll help you get 'er done. If we don't know the answer then we'll just make something up. Really I have to say, some of the work on this site is outrageous. I work alone, and everything takes a lot longer. I'm working on a 57 Ranchero , also. I've had 10 of them, mostly parts cars. I intend to do this one the way the others were only planned to be. Sold them for a variety of reasons, but this one WILL get done. Good luck with your not so new toy.

RICH MUISE

I haven't been posting much...been busy working on the house when weather permits. We've been getting a lot of rain, seems like everyday we get 1-2 inches. My neighborhood looks like a forest with all the weeds growing so fast, and too wet and muddy to mow.
Also spending alot of time watching baseball and looking for a daily driver. I had narrowed my car choice down, but couldn't find what I was looking for in Amarillo, so drove 280 miles to Oklahoma City last week. When I got back I was on Autotrader and found a new ad exactly what I was looking for...you guessed it, Oklahoma City! F$%%#! I called them and he had it on hold for a woman who was trying to get financing. He called me late Thursday to tell me it fell thru and the car was available...he promised to hold it for me til next day , so left for ok city 20 minutes later. Car was as advertised, bought it. With a deposit, he's holding it for 10 days while we retrive some funds from a retirement account....then back to OK City to pick it up.

RICH MUISE

continued...So, I'm beginning to think my Jeep that I've had for 11 years has a Christine like mind of it's own..in reverse. In 11 years the Jeep has never stranded me anywhere..except the night I lost a front wheel 200 miles from home..not the Jeep's fault..my mechanic's. Anyway, two weeks ago when I started looking for something while the Jeep was still dependable, the air conditioning started acting up. Then my power steering stopped working...for 3 days then started working normal again. Last week, once, I had to jiggle the ignition switch off and on to start it.
On the way to Oklahoma City this past Thursday to look at the car I found, my ABS brake light came on, and the cruise control was acting weird for a while.
My plans were to locate the car lot I was looking for, then go find a motel room. The lot was on a new road that my gps wouldn't recognize, so I stopped for directions at a gas station. When I came out the car wouldn't start..ignition switch. I spent the night in the car until I could call a service shop and tow truck. They loaded the jeep on the truck, brought it to the shop, unloaded it. The mechanic went out to look at, turned the key and it fired right up! #$@^%!!I only tried to start it a hunded times throuout the night and next morning.
Oh well, at least I didn't have to leave the Jeep in Ok. and rent a car to get back. I never turned the car off until I got home! I don't like spending 13 hours sitting in my car at a gas station.
Anyway, I think my car has figured out I'm about done with it and is pissed!

sprink88

Wow Rich, Awful story. Glad your getting a new car now.
~Chris

canadian_ranchero

got talking to a guy at one of the car shows.he told me a friend of his had swaped out his  overdrive transmission from his 1957 ranchero to a automatic.got the trans with all controls wiring relays flywheel,clutch bellhousing,clutch linkage,shift linkage ect.trans was rebuilt in about 2000.paid $200 :003: :003:

motorhead6

I can't figure out how to post a picture. Would anyone be so kind as to tell me how. I have tried the help feature, guess I'm just too old for the new technology. Just kidding, usually pretty straight forward for me but just ain't gettin' it.

motorhead6

Oops. Just gotta read the post! Please disregard.

RICH MUISE

If you need some help let us know...biggest problem is resizing pics to an acceptable size..actually pretty easy once you know how.
her's a link to a thread I did a while back that has seemed to help a bunch of guys...
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=1806.msg11942#msg11942

motorhead6

Here is what I am starting with. I've done the dash, core support, some small stuff like light buckets, fenders, and hood. I will be doing doors next and then the body. I guess I have plenty of time to get those missing pieces together. It has been off the frame, but I will do it again just because it has been a while back. So far I have not found a body mount kit. Am I going to have to make one up or does anybody make one for a Ranchero?