News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hotroddonnie

In Canada we were paying a few months ago $1.30 a litre/quart and its been down to $.79 a litre/quart. That's a deal for us here! HRD

RICH MUISE

Went back up to 1.43 this week...wouldn't ya know it, leaving for a long trip Wen.LOL. Posible snow coming in tommorrow also Might have to head south to avoid more of it. First time since December we'll have had any kind of wintery stuff going on here..60-70's most days lately.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

tanked up today in edmonton for .57 a litre

RICH MUISE

LOL..had to find a conversion chart...don't do it often enough to remember......2.15 roughly us per gallon, the 1.3 per Liter Donnie mentioned from a few months ago would have been at close to $5. not good...kinda like Calif. prices.

Ecode70D

Rich
     I have not forgotten that  you may be coming to Mass. this year to visit your family.   
     Keep me in the loop so we can hook up.  Hopefully we will have some good weather so we can go out in the old cars. 
Jay

RICH MUISE

Morning Jay! I was just thinking about that last night...haven't heard anything about my sister's plans yet.

BBoswell

I was flipping thru my new issue of Street Rodder and see that one of our own won The Painless Performance Products/ Street Rodder 2015 Street Rod of the Year title with his "Norwell Equipped" '32 Ford Coupe. This is my first time to see good up-close photos of the coupe and I like it. Now I may be a little biased since I own at '32 as well, but hey they are after all Fords and we do also have '57s as well. Congrats Jeff you had some outstanding competition.

RICH MUISE

I've got to remember to pick up a copy of that.
I just found out Zap is headed down Texas way in May. He's visiting relatives in Dallas, then renting a car for a drive to here and beyond. Really cool. Zap and I have been internet buddies for years, it's going to be great getting to finally shake hands.
And, also from Washington state, Doug/57 imposter, is driving his 57/58 all the way from Washington to Phoenix for a few weeks, then heading here for April 1. The plans are we'll be spending a few days cruising Oklahoma in both our cars....our own little mini-tour! Doug and I met in Phoenix a few years back when we were vacationing the same week there. First cruise for both our cars after many years...although Doug's cruise is waaaaay longer than mine.

RICH MUISE

Nothing to do with our Fords, but ya gotta laugh...
A week ago my '05 Outback's parking lights wouldn't go off. I fiddled with everything making sure everything was in it's off position. Nothing worked, so I finally pulled the negative battery cable. I figured it had to be the headlight/parking light multi function switch, so I ordered a new one. For a week, I've been doing/undoing the battery cable. Finally the replacement switch came in so I pulled the steering column covers and popped the new one in. Took 15 minutes tops. BUT...parking lights still on. WTH?? While I was thinking things over and putting the column covers back on, I noticed the "hazard" switch on top of the steering column had a "P" printed on it that you couldn't see when the switch was on. YEP...wasn't the hazards switch, it was a SECOND parking light switch!! huh? never saw a car with 2 parking light switches. I've only been driving this car for 1 1/2 years!

racton

:unitedstates: :unitedstates:            My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord..He peeled around the corner in a fifty-seven ford.............one hand on the bottle and the other on the clutch.........I forgot the rest.Happy Easter.............Rich M,......Its just another dent in the door...............no one hurt....racton

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2016-03-17 00:16
Nothing to do with our Fords, but ya gotta laugh...
A week ago my '05 Outback's parking lights wouldn't go off. I fiddled with everything making sure everything was in it's off position. Nothing worked, so I finally pulled the negative battery cable. I figured it had to be the headlight/parking light multi function switch, so I ordered a new one. For a week, I've been doing/undoing the battery cable. Finally the replacement switch came in so I pulled the steering column covers and popped the new one in. Took 15 minutes tops. BUT...parking lights still on. WTH?? While I was thinking things over and putting the column covers back on, I noticed the "hazard" switch on top of the steering column had a "P" printed on it that you couldn't see when the switch was on. YEP...wasn't the hazards switch, it was a SECOND parking light switch!! huh? never saw a car with 2 parking light switches. I've only been driving this car for 1 1/2 years!
I just saw this post. I went through the same problem with my dads 1986 Legacy and he had owned for for 10 years at this time.. He called one day and told me he couldn't get the lights off. I took me a while to find the problem, have no idea how he hit that switch.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Haha...at least there's one other person in the world that believes I actually do have TWO parking light switches.
I think my wife is secretly making a list of stuff in case she has to declare me incapable/senile.

I started to get the lawn mower out yesterday when my wife decided she wanted us to go shopping. Woke up this morning to SNOW. weird weather. Last week we were having grass fires in lots of areas. They were evacuating part of Pampa (60miles NE of Amarillo), and there's about 15 miles along I40 near Shamrock that is burnt.

hiball3985

In the Legacy you can't even see that switch when sitting in the drivers seat and I'm 6'. It was just dumb luck I found it while feeling around the column.

My wife started one of those lists years ago, I have had to use it a few times  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

jumping jack flash

Quote from: racton on 2016-03-27 06:59
:unitedstates: :unitedstates:            My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord..He peeled around the corner in a fifty-seven ford.............one hand on the bottle and the other on the clutch.........I forgot the rest.Happy Easter.............Rich M,......Its just another dent in the door...............no one hurt....racton
I guess I had a protected childhood [NOT] ,I never saw this sailors lament. If you remember it , I'd like to hear the rest, and see how it turned out.
:icon_bigsmurf:

hiball3985

Quote from: jumping jack flash on 2016-04-07 19:36
I guess I had a protected childhood [NOT] ,I never saw this sailors lament. If you remember it , I'd like to hear the rest, and see how it turned out.
:icon_bigsmurf:
I think there must be 57 variations of this song, pun intended :003:

My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord
He is coming round the corner in a black-and-yellow Ford
He has one hand on the throttle and the other on a bottle
Of Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer!
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang