News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Thought the last line was "an ice cold Olympia beer"

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

Quote from: Zapato on 2016-04-08 11:34
Thought the last line was "an ice cold Olympia beer"

Zap- :unitedstates:
I'm sure that is the Washington version  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2016-04-08 07:44
I think there must be 57 variations of this song, pun intended :003:

My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord
He is coming round the corner in a black-and-yellow Ford
He has one hand on the throttle and the other on a bottle
Of Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer!

Wouldn't it be one foot on the throttle?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hiball3985

Quote from: rmk57 on 2016-04-08 14:30
:003: That sounds better.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

too many beers...he thought he was on his mororcycle
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

racton

:unitedstates:hi fellas its been a good week for me I hope you had some fun too.........I heard it  one hand on the throttle    and she was coming around the mountain doin 90,when the chain on her bicycle broke.....they found her in the grass......with a sproket in her ***,and her left *** punctured by a spoke. see ay.....................Racton
Quote from: rmk57 on 2016-04-08 14:30
Yes you knew the proper version................

gasman826

Need to say more????????

A local legend passed away a couple of months ago.  I've known his rep for more than 50 years.  His brother is liquidating all his FE stuff.  Complete 427, 2x4s, cast exhaust manifolds, toploader, plus a pile of FE stuff including OEM tri-power and built 390.  $10K.  Since the owner has passed, most questions can't be answered but I have met the guy and talked car stuff many times.  If I had a project dying for a FE, this pile would be mine but I don't.  I have a friend that has known this guy all his life.  He can answer some of the questions and he is a FE aficionado.  I had one of these engines when I was a kid.  It had upgrades and was a total screamer!!!  Later but probably soon, the brother will offer up a Model A two door sedan body.

gasman826

Big day yesterday.  I snagged a '64 Galaxie XL convertible.  Pretty much stripped and rust bucket but still has console, shifter, Cruise-A-Matic, and power steering.  The box, all the linkage, cylinder, valve, hoses, and even the pump are the main components that I wanted.  Raunch Wagon may be getting power steering.  I asked the seller if he had anything else.  He gave me a complete, automatic shift, '59 column!  Getting the beast home just about wore me out.  Needless to say, it's still on the trailer.  Another days rest and I'll get it off the trailer and inspect my treasures.

Ford_Doctor

I'm searching for 55, 56 or 57 Courier script emblems. Can you help? 

RICH MUISE

That's pretty cool stuff. I didn't read the article, just looked at the pics, but I wonder what kind of shop time it takes to produce finished results. I would think it would be a neat paying hobby, but not realistic for a business to do one-offs.

gasman826

I've just barely started looking into it.  Getting the .stl file built or prepared for the printer is the time consuming part.  Time is money.  It is somewhat similar to designing and building a file for a graphic printer.

RICH MUISE

If I wasn't so old, and had the money, I'd look into that. I could learn the programming. Back in the day I learned/wrote  personal use programs for Pagemaker. I had a friend at the time who was a pro graphics designer for a printing company and got me a copy and tutored me.

Lucky'57

Well, there you go... Can you imagine, what do you need? Script for a 57, no sweat,,, question is, how can we get it chromed?
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Lucky'57

Apologies in advance for posting so much tonight fellas, I haven't been here in a while, but you guys are never far from my thoughts. Been a tough year, had to kick the old lady out for cheatin' (22 years, go figure), lost my $Job (goldand Arabs), and got colon cancer. LOL. I'm thinking of changing my handle from 'Lucky57 to 'Lucky Duck". LOL Anyway, always respected and looked forward to you guy"s progress reports and coms. Peace out brothers. :) 57 Fords International Forever... And.. It's my birthday! If I knew I would have lived this long I would have.... :)
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)