News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2018-10-09 03:20
Beatiful setting for the car show, sounds like another great trip you had Rich. I am actually building a switch setup for intermittent wipers for my daily driven 1964 German Ford wagon. it is a real benifit to have these in todays heavy traffic and especially with our drizzling Euro fall weather.

There is a 2008 movie called "Flash of Genius" about the guy, Kearns who invented the intermittent wiper switch. He  took it to Ford and they stole his invention... took him years to win in court. He is/was the uncle of a friend of mine.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

it's sometimes crazy the reasons those interesting stories pop up. Interesting also is the fact they were able to make a movie out of it in this day and age of Star Wars and Jurassic Parks.
I love the intermittent wipers. 75% of the time my wipers are on, they are on an intermittent setting.
Gunter....is the switch you're working on something that could be adapted to a '57 "regular" setup like Newport. I haven't checked, but somewhere I heard Newport offers a setup with intermittents. For the newbies reading this, btw, how I arrived at the setup is not something the vast majority is going to want to get into.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57imposter

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-10-09 09:29
it's sometimes crazy the reasons those interesting stories pop up. Interesting also is the fact they were able to make a movie out of it in this day and age of Star Wars and Jurassic Parks.
I love the intermittent wipers. 75% of the time my wipers are on, they are on an intermittent setting.
Gunter....is the switch you're working on something that could be adapted to a '57 "regular" setup like Newport. I haven't checked, but somewhere I heard Newport offers a setup with intermittents. For the newbies reading this, btw, how I arrived at the setup is not something the vast majority is going to want to get into.
Newport does supply an intermittent switch for their motor. I have them in my 58 and have used it in several other cars. Nothing special to do except replace the two speed switch.

RICH MUISE

Good to know Thanks

djfordmanjack

good to know, I will have a look in that. I still have vaccuum wipers in the 57 Country Sedan and they work great so far ( vacc pump on fuel pump).
I am sorry Rich, the system I am using in my 64 Taunus is totally Euro specs. it is a vintage ( 1960s70s80s?) NOS Bosch intermittent switch and relais that has to be used with single or dual speed electric wiper motors. I am pretty sure it could be used on a 59 Corvette or 57 Ch*** - ooooops i am sorry... wiper motor. as we all know these are a bolt on electric replacement motor on 57 Fords. I have one but it needs repaired.
I might post some info and pics on the intermittent wipers in the testing area or tech info stuff.
Lynn, that uncle of your friend surely was a genius. All modern car drivers have no idea how hard it is to drive a vintage car in drizzling rain, fog or even snow/salt spray in heavy traffic without them. i haven't owned a car newer than '67 in 23 years , so I REALLY know what I am talking about. If the conversion goes well in the 1964 Ford wagon, I will be adding that to all of my vintage cars. It makes life so much easier and we can actually concentrate on driving rather then finding the wiper switch in the dark and going back and forth to the dash a dozen times a minute. Some cars have wiper switches in the most awkward places. in my 64 Ford it is next to the main light switch as is in pre '57 Volkswagens (my second passion). go figure.... :002: :003:....been driving without lights quite some occasions... :003:

gasman826

Raunch Wagon had OEM wipers and I really liked them.  I could adjust them to just barely move for mist conditions.  Wagon would still have vacum wiper motor except for the late model, over cammed engine upgrade.

CobraJoe

Well, it's off to California for the Red Sox, after two straight wins, this is starting to look promising!

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Go Sox!!!. I'm a national league fan, but I guess this year I'm rootin' for the sox since the Dodgers are the worst of the big market/big spender teams. Actually don't want either to win, but odds are slim, lol. My brother lives in the Phillipines, still is a die hard member of the Red Sox Nation, never misses a game.

Jeff Norwell

Nearly finished the shop,Little more paint and trim needed....More electrical is coming and a heating unit....studio above is halfway there.. Big changes have been made to one of my 57's...

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell

RICH MUISE

Shop is looking great. I really like the galvanized corrugated inside.........looks like some of the steak houses we visit. Does it have an upstairs and a downstairs?
So, your just teasing us with the "big '57 changes"?

djfordmanjack

WHAAAAAT ? Jeff, you gotta be kidding. are you going to restore vintage airplanes ? not a shop, this is a hangar !  :003:

great to see a hangout place like that. it will be great to have all your collector cars parked and stillbe able to walk around. Terrific place !

CobraJoe

Very Cool! Can't wait to see it with your art work on the walls!  :002:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

FiveSevenLiter

Looking good, that FE should rattle the tin pretty good!  I have to send you a Canucks banner to fill some of that space.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin