News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I imagine that would be a first for most everybody! Way cool, and that is a beautiful truck you had.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Guys
    I received this email from Cobra Joe this morning.  I'm kinda computer challenged and don't know how I can help him.  If someone can point me in the right direction, I will relay the message.   Thanks Jay

JOSE GOUVEIA
6:03 AM (1 hour ago)
to me

I haven't been able to log onto the website for the past two days, how about you?

djfordmanjack

see reply in old pics thread

RICH MUISE

Got our first winter storm the night before last. light hail followed by about 5" of the fluffy white stuff. I think that's more snow than I remember Amarillo getting all last winter. Never got much over freezing yesterday, so lots of icy roads. This morning when I got up at 6 this morning , it was 22 degrees out. This is Texas, lol!! The snow was a new experience for 2 or 3 of our dogs. They just ran for hours in the back yard.
On a positive note, when I closed off my rear overhead door in the garage this summer, I went with 6" studs for more insulation. Last year, I had a heck of a time warming the garage up, but with the back door closed off, the unheated garage now is staying pretty much around 50 overnight when it gets real cold outside. This morning it was 49 in the garage with the 22 outside temp.............makes me really happy, obviously made a huge difference closing the unneeded opening off..... and I still haven't insulated the remaining overhead door.
I never did get that back wall finished, although I did get it drywalled. Just need to finish the tapping and paint. A few weeks ago I got the overhead door taken down.I asked around town for weeks if anybody needed a good 16' aluminum door with all hardware and opener. Free if they just took it down. No takers, so gave up and took it down myself. Put it on craigslist for 135 and sold it in 5 hours. First time use of craigslist for me.
My winter project got a start this past week.........make our kitchen look good! It's a big kitchen, and with my wife now retired, we couldn't afford new cabinets, etc, so I'm going to refinish the ones we've got. Yikes, I hate sanding. Some pics to follow.

Jeff Norwell

We got snow too Rich!.... 22 degrees outside now and snow until tomorrow morning....
The shop is done (downstairs) and heat will be installed Thursday....a nice unit from TCS...delivering a 125,000 btu's... should be good for the shop and upstairs studio.... excited.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Garage looks awesome. Nice job. When did you get a GTO? my neighbor is looking for a '66., and when did you get a 3rd '57 Custom?
You'd better get busy if your gonna decorate all those Christmas trees in your yard.

Jeff Norwell

The GTO is my brother in laws... they just moved here as well and needed to store his car for a few weeks until they get settled.His name is Jeff as well, a retired GM Autoworker,.... I kid him constantly Rich about GM.... GENERAL MISTAKE.
All kidding aside, he is a fanatic about any automobiles and a great guy.His Judge is a 66,original paint,original 389 4 speed stick car...very nice.

Christmas.. that's my wife job...... ha ha

FiveSevenLiter

Shop looks great, our Flag is a great touch!
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Ford Blue blood

Well here it is, the 15th of November and my warm "snow free" place has gone bad!  The picture was taken at 0645 and the stuff is still falling down!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

Even with the snow Bill... looks Beautiful!.....and I like snow!.....

RICH MUISE

Especiallywith the snow it looks beautiful. LOL, we need to get Gunther to teach these Canadians proper English.
Probably some of the northern guys are looking at your pic and thinking "what snow?"
My wife was so happy a few days ago when it snowed and she didn't have to get out in it to go to work. It's remained cold, and in the shade, it's still there.

Ford Blue blood

I agree "what snow"!  But my first experience with a "little" snow down here was really funny.  My position at work required I drive in and evaluate road conditions and make a recommendation as to opening time or remaining closed.  On the way in, running on surface streets vice the interstate, I had to cross the rail yard by going over it on a long bridge.  As I approached the bridge there was a public works truck on the bridge spreading sand.  Funny part was the "spreader" was two guys on the back of the truck with shovels! 

Now having been born and raised in WI and having learned to drive in that stuff and not letting lots of snow stop things living here has been very entertaining.  Bottom line, if there is snow and ice on the road I stay home now.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-11-15 08:17
Especiallywith the snow it looks beautiful. LOL, we need to get Gunther to teach these Canadians proper English.
Probably some of the northern guys are looking at your pic and thinking "what snow?"
My wife was so happy a few days ago when it snowed and she didn't have to get out in it to go to work. It's remained cold, and in the shade, it's still there.

?

CobraJoe

You southerner's have no idea what snow is, lol.

Here's my driveway from past season:

...and from my deck:

:003:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

I do!, that's one reason why I escaped Mass. in the 60's.