News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Rich...I am in Branson now...97 here today. Had to get here fast...have a vacant apartment I need to get rented out...after cleaning it of course. Then there is bank work and a house to look at. Need to buy a place you can come visit! (and anyone else who wants...plenty of parking...this particular place has ELEVEN plus acres to park on!   :003:
Not sure which way I am going to go home...depends on how much travel time I get. If I am able to drop an offer on the house, then I need to hurry up and get back to get my house in WA painted and a fence started. And then there is a deck to get built...all before the end of September...when I will come back out with my first load of stiff from the house. WHEW! (makes me tired just typing it all!)
First move will be all of the office at home, so that I can build a closet in it and make the house a 3-bedroom. Then I have to paint that room plus my son's room and start on all the trim repair from those cats we spoke of. Gonna be a busy winter!!!   :BangHead:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

On one of the 'Pink Jeep' tours out of Las Vegas to the Hoover Dam, the temps got over 106 and I began to feel poorly.  The 'Pink Jeep' carry a cooler with bottles of water but the Dam tour driver also had cool towels.  He told me to put it on the back of my neck...almost instant relief and felt better in minutes.  I've used wet towels a couple of time since for relief.  Power Tour's goody bag this year included a towel for those without working AC.

RICH MUISE

Wasn't thinking too clearly on that hour or so's drive. I had a cooler with ice, should have pulled over and wet myself down. A cold wet towel is a great idea..I'll remember that....
Funny story. Saturday a young couple came up and looked at my car. He asked what engine it was and I replied Lincoln 4.6, 4 cam. He said "interesting choice, but I'm curious why you have all those ford logos on the car, is it because you used some  Ford parts in the build?" I replied "I'm confused by the question, it's a Ford, why wouldn't I want Ford logos?" he gave me that "yeah, right" look and actually said "I know this is a Chevy"
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

LOL!!! Kids know oh so much! Should have asked him not to insult the quality car of '57...the one which won ALL the styling awards that year.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

Rich, some guys are just naturally born brain dead from the ass up.

mustang6984

LOL! That could fit a LOT of people I have known in my years! Too many actually!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-08-12 19:32
"I know this is a Chevy"
Good grief! What did you say to him then?
Guy at at gas station ask if it was Bel Air trim on my Ranchero.
I just said 'this ain't a Chevy'.
I am constantly surprised at the number of guys that look old enough to know what a '57 Ranchero is but don't.
I sure do get the 'what is it' question a lot. There is only one other '57 Ranchero that I know of here but I've only seen it at our annual Show & Shine a couple of times in the past. Never seen it on the street & it wasn't there this year.  It has a 302 & the guy told me that these cars couldn't handle a 390.

RICH MUISE

He was young enough(early 20's) that it's possible his dad would be too young to remember them. We tend to forget most of us who have them are really really old, lol. At least he had enough interest in old stuff to be at the show as a spectator.

mustang6984

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-08-12 22:16
  It has a 302 & the guy told me that these cars couldn't handle a 390.

Interesting...can't handle a 390 eh? No one ever told my white '57 that. It was a race car...with a 352...and it was a terror. Guy that owned it before me won a lot more than he ever lost! Stupid people make me wonder how they can even walk in a straight line. Then again...some of them can't.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-08-12 23:52
Interesting...can't handle a 390 eh? No one ever told my white '57 that. It was a race car...with a 352...and it was a terror. Guy that owned it before me won a lot more than he ever lost! Stupid people make me wonder how they can even walk in a straight line. Then again...some of them can't.
You are being too kind! anyone who has ever seen the ugliest of the Tri-Fives would know these are NOT Chevies!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

I get the "what year El Camino is that" or "My dad use to have an El Camino"  :005: I'm glad I don't carry a gun..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

BTW, Hugh..if you head back home thru Amarillo, you're welcome to stay. Wife? Sasha?
Maybe this time we can go for a ride in my '57. That is if I can avoid a episode of stupid between now and then.

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2019-08-13 06:09
I get the "what year El Camino is that" or "My dad use to have an El Camino"  :005: I'm glad I don't carry a gun..

Do they actually make enough ammo to deal with the stupid people of this world?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-08-13 06:35
BTW, Hugh..if you head back home thru Amarillo, you're welcome to stay. Wife? Sasha?
Maybe this time we can go for a ride in my '57. That is if I can avoid a episode of stupid between now and then.

No wife this trip...just Sasha and me. Wife is still home working. She probably won't get to this way until we move now. And that has been postponed until March.
I will let you know which way I head home...will depend on how much time I have. Lots to do before winter comes back...fence, deck and painting the current abode. Painting is scheduled for Labor Day weekend.

Riding in your car will be top of the list for me...glad you got it back up and running!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-08-12 23:52
I don't think the guy knew much about his car, '57 Fords or maybe cars in general.
It was a good lookin' Ranchero but if it was mine I'd lose those dummy lakes pipes as soon as I got it home. Losing the dummy spot lights & some different wheels would be next.
And planning for a 390 & 4 speed. :)